SportsWrath

Just in case you forget...

BigBlueArrington

This is still.....

amd_backpage08_12.jpg

Oh and for the record, I've been saying this since May when everyone deemed the Yankees as "Done". :clap:

Thats great, 1 day all season and it requires a thread in the Met section. :LMAO:

Does anyone remember that in 2000 the Mets had Ny's best regular season record? Thats how pointless shit like that is.

Thats great, 1 day all season and it requires a thread in the Met section. :LMAO:

Does anyone remember that in 2000 the Mets had Ny's best regular season record? Thats how pointless shit like that is.

Yeah, suuuurreee...It's meaningless. :rolleyes:

When the Mets took 2 outta 3 from the Yankees earlier this year, a coworker of mine emailed something like this to me. Link All the Mets fans acted like 13 year old geeks all while chanting "We're the kings of NY". "Yankees are done" Grown men nonetheless.

As a side point, during that series I happened to catch one of the games at laguardia airport, standing outside one of the airport bar restaurants, you could see the game on the big screen from the outside looking in. Anyways, as you could imagine this drew quite a crowd outside of the entrance as the general public walked on by and stopped to catch a glimpse.

You had the geeky outcast Mets fans wearing there orange and blue windbreakers acting like pre-adoloscent children whenever the Mets made a decent play. Then you had the more reserved and confident Yankee fan casually watching as he sipped his coffee and finished his Daily News.

What does this all mean? Well, you're partially right. It means nothing to a Yankees fan but it's the world to a Mets fan.

Just an FYI. I WILL be bringing in this copy of the Daily News to work tommorrow. :clap:

When the Mets took 2 outta 3 from the Yankees earlier this year, a coworker of mine emailed something like this to me. Link All the Mets fans acted like 13 year old geeks all while chanting "We're the kings of NY". "Yankees are done" Grown men nonetheless.

As a side point, during that series I happened to catch one of the games at laguardia airport, standing outside one of the airport bar restaurants, you could see the game on the big screen from the outside looking in. Anyways, as you could imagine this drew quite a crowd outside of the entrance as the general public walked on by and stopped to catch a glimpse.

You had the geeky outcast Mets fans wearing there orange and blue windbreakers acting like pre-adoloscent children whenever the Mets made a decent play. Then you had the more reserved and confident Yankee fan casually watching as he sipped his coffee and finished his Daily News.

What does this all mean? Well, you're partially right. It means nothing to a Yankees fan but it's the world to a Mets fan. Just an FYI. I WILL be bringing in this copy of the Daily News to work tommorrow. :clap:

Seems to mean alot to you. :confused: And just my opinion, but it's not a Yankee town. It's a baseball town, and the Yankees do not overwhelmingly have the hearts of it, as much as Yankee fans think they do.

Something tells me the Yankees are not as good as their current run, but I give them credit for taking advantage of the schedule and getting back in the race. I don't think the Mets have played their best baseball yet either, so we'll see where things stand at the end.

At least there is one Yankee fan on this site who gets the NY-NY rivalry though. I applaud you. :clap:

What does this all mean? Well, you're partially right. It means nothing to a Yankees fan but it's the world to a Mets fan.

Just an FYI. I WILL be bringing in this copy of the Daily News to work tommorrow. :clap:

First off, regular season record does not mean a thing. In 2000 the Yankees won 87 games, won a weak AL east and won the WS. That same year the Mets won 94 games, had to settle for the WC with 94 games and lost the WS to the Yankees. Point is getting there and what you do when you get there matters more than a regular season record. Anyone in St Louis care they won only 83 games or 14 less than the Yankees in 2006?

As for the Met fans, well here is how I see it. Its a what have you done for me lately town(as evidenced by the fact that the Mets were NY's first baseball team in the 1980's to draw 3 million fans to the ballpark)and if you consider that the 2007 season is not yet a completed story and all we can go on is what happened last year(much as I was always told from 1998, 99 and 2000 by Yanks fans)then those silly Met fans are correct, this is a Met town, as the 2006 Mets, as the Yankees did won 97 and a division, but the difference was the Mets won their first round series and battled the eventual world champion(who dispatched the team that smoked the Yanks in 4 in 5 games)to a 7 game thriller. So even though most fans(as most Met fans on this board in this here section do not)do not care about this, since you brought it up, we shall point it out, in technically based on most recent completed performance is a Met town, if you base this purely on team success.

As for the Daily News, well you keep reading that like all the intelligent Yankee fans that love papers written at a 3rd grade level. Unlike those airport people, rooting for the Yankees, reading their Daily news', we here will read a quality publication like the NY Times, one that requires more than a 7th grade education and does not cater to nonsense like this.

Have a nice day. :)

First off, regular season record does not mean a thing. In 2000 the Yankees won 87 games, won a weak AL east and won the WS. That same year the Mets won 94 games, had to settle for the WC with 94 games and lost the WS to the Yankees. Point is getting there and what you do when you get there matters more than a regular season record. Anyone in St Louis care they won only 83 games or 14 less than the Yankees in 2006?

As for the Met fans, well here is how I see it. Its a what have you done for me lately town(as evidenced by the fact that the Mets were NY's first baseball team in the 1980's to draw 3 million fans to the ballpark)and if you consider that the 2007 season is not yet a completed story and all we can go on is what happened last year(much as I was always told from 1998, 99 and 2000 by Yanks fans)then those silly Met fans are correct, this is a Met town, as the 2006 Mets, as the Yankees did won 97 and a division, but the difference was the Mets won their first round series and battled the eventual world champion(who dispatched the team that smoked the Yanks in 4 in 5 games)to a 7 game thriller. So even though most fans(as most Met fans on this board in this here section do not)do not care about this, since you brought it up, we shall point it out, in technically based on most recent completed performance is a Met town, if you base this purely on team success.

As for the Daily News, well you keep reading that like all the intelligent Yankee fans that love papers written at a 3rd grade level. Unlike those airport people, rooting for the Yankees, reading their Daily news', we here will read a quality publication like the NY Times, one that requires more than a 7th grade education and does not cater to nonsense like this.

I read the Post... hey, it's only $0.25 !!!

Yeah, we still don't really care. You worry about the wildcard and we will

worry about the division.

4.0 games back in the AL East. Yeah, we shouldn't worry about the division at all. Even with six games left with the Red Sox.

2 days and this is the garbage retort you come up with? Who the hell says anyone reads the Daily News. I just enjoy the humorous front page and just happened to throw in that some airport passengers were reading it anonymously. I wasn't being literal, Mr. defensive. :confused:

Who knows? It could have been the Journal news.

PS: Paragraphs are your friend. Go on and read your NY Times Mr. Smart guy.

2 days and this is the garbage retort you come up with? Who the hell says anyone reads the Daily News. I just enjoy the humorous front page and just happened to throw in that some airport passengers were reading it anonymously. I wasn't being literal, Mr. defensive. :confused:

Who knows? It could have been the Journal news.

PS: Paragraphs are your friend. Go on and read your NY Times Mr. Smart guy.

Of course as of SUnday, when you started this nonsense it was one day.

I will be sure to paragraph things for you on a message board. I know that thats an important aspect of a MB.

Its a garbage retort huh? I pointed out to you how your own loveable team won the WS in a year they won 87 games(because with Yankee fans you always have to put things in terms of their team to get the point across)and you still don't get it.

SO you do not read the NY Daily News? You only read the headlines and pictures? Wasn't that the basis behind this silly thread?

But hey, you have a better record than the Mets. Woo Hoo.

eh, doesnt matter, he's a dead yankee legend. this ones for the scooter!!!!

this is true, they usually use some sort of ex dead legend as a motivator, at least the media does. Was it 1995 when they made that late season WC push and they used Mantle's death as a sort of omen?

this is true, they usually use some sort of ex dead legend as a motivator, at least the media does. Was it 1995 when they made that late season WC push and they used Mantle's death as a sort of omen?

Are you saying that the Yankees are killing off their own ex-players in an attempt to win championships and bag more riches?

I wouldn't put it past Steingrabber...

• 2 weeks later...