SportsWrath

Chapmionship game advice needed.

Virginia Giant

I'm headed to the championship, but I have a problem. Eli has been my QB all year since Romo got hurt, My opponent has OBJ.

My backup QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick, who has played well in recent weeks and faces Dallas.

Now, normally I wouldn't even consider this, but OBJ is the only person Eli connects with.

As I see it, I can play Eli in the hopes he and OBJ essentially cancel each other out. Or I can sit Eli against a great Panthers Defense.

My receivers and TE have carried my team, and I have okay RB's if Stewart isn't hurt and Ellington can't play next week. I could start a third receiver and not lose anything, but those guys are so up and down, Hilton and Cobb. I'd rather risk losing out on a huge game by Hilton and get the solid 12-15 from a RB and hope hopkins, Robinson, and Gronk do their thing.

I'm leaning towards starting Eli because if nothing else, we'll be throwing a bunch, and just hope Harris and Randle get more touches.

Eli and Beckham can both have big games where you are still benefited by Eli's play.

and you could also sit Eli and he could have a shitty game while Beckham still has a big game.

Don't outsmart yourself, play Eli.

I think we'll see a lot of Beckham playing out of the slot to avoid Josh Norman. I also think we'll see a lot of Eli getting hit in the backfield.

That's a tough decision Veeg. Dallas pass D is middle of the road over the last four weeks. Are the Jets still in the Wild Card hunt? I'm a FitzMagic believer myself; it's tough to contain both Marshall and Decker.

Also if you sit Eli he's guaranteed to have a 400+, 5 TD game...so do it for us!

Thanks guys, I have been looking at various week 15 qb rankings, and most have Fitz just above Eli. I really expect the Giants to play well Sunday, but I am just torn. Dallas has not allowed a lot of points from QBs, but neither has Car.

I just don't see the Giants stringing together drives on Sunday. Eli might play decently as far as statistically, but I don't think he will have the yardage or touchdowns to warrant a start. I'm thinking he will go like 190 yards and a touchdown.

The Jets just have a much better supporting cast on offense. The Giants have Odell Beckham Jr. and no one to move the chains. The Jets have two receivers who are going to top 1,000 yards on the season and running backs that they work into the gameplan out of the backfield on a consistent basis.

Eli is the Sammy Watkins of fantasy qbs. He has 3 single digit performances. I never roster those types of players. Fitz has a lower ceiling than eli but rarely loses a game for you. Throw in the matchups (dallas d is tough but they don't create turnovers) and you just gotta play the percentages.

Somebody owes me $300.

Eli and Beckham can both have big games where you are still benefited by Eli's play.

and you could also sit Eli and he could have a shitty game while Beckham still has a big game.

Don't outsmart yourself, play Eli.

giphy.gif

When it comes to the playoffs I'll take a blowout loss all day over a nail biter--especially if it comes down to the Monday night game

The sad part is the dude I lost to didn't make the draft, so we gave him the top ranked player available each round. Just pisses me off. All season I scored the most points, had the best record, etc until the last few weeks when Hopkins started getting shuit down a little. Guys that were scoring 20+ points each week ended up getting 12 or 15 the last two or thgree weeks. Still, we each scored much higher than average this week. Just pisses me off that a fucking autodrafted team beats my superior team in the championship game, costing me a few hundred dollars.

Next year I am suggesting a rul that if a person does not make the draft, they are out.

The sad part is the dude I lost to didn't make the draft, so we gave him the top ranked player available each round. Just pisses me off. All season I scored the most points, had the best record, etc until the last few weeks when Hopkins started getting shuit down a little. Guys that were scoring 20+ points each week ended up getting 12 or 15 the last two or thgree weeks. Still, we each scored much higher than average this week. Just pisses me off that a fucking autodrafted team beats my superior team in the championship game, costing me a few hundred dollars.

Next year I am suggesting a rul that if a person does not make the draft, they are out.

I drafted guys like D. Thomas and Russel Wilson who were essentially useless the first ten weeks of the season and when they finally started getting points, it was way too late. I have won every game in the consolation round, handedly...like 160+ to 100 something.

Guys can I join your group? Made my championship game... $200 to first, $50 for runner-up... Had some tough matchups... had Darren McFadden in my flex on the road vs the Bills in wet conditions with no Dez and Kellen Moore at QB, and had Gurley in one of my RB slots on the road against the Seahawks (and we know how the Seahawks HAD been playing lately), and St. Louis Defense of course with the same matchup.

So I decided to bench all three. Picked up Cameron Artis-Payne and Christine Michael and plugged them in, and the Bills DEF instead of St Louis. That's right, I played a guy named Christine over Todd Gurley. The logic seemed so good when I did it, but saying it out loud sounds sooooo idiotic.

I lost by 2. If I had played any of those initial guys instead of the replacements, I would've been champion.

FML.