SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

Second class organization.. fan base is mainly made up by old dodgers fans....had the Giants stayed in NYC, I'd be a giants fan instead of a Yankee fan.

You know it's funny, I barely knew, saw or spoke to my father (he's been dead a while now), but little boys love their fathers and emulate them...he was a giants fan but switched to the Yankees when they left manhattan. That's why I'm a Yankee fan.. because my father, who I never really knew was one.

Don't underestimate the power and influence a father has on his sons.

I'm apathetic towards him, but I know he still left an impression as well as a tremendous hole in me

Good start to the season, NOT getting pumped up yet. It is way too early for that. I like what I see so far though. Pitching has been strong and the pen has been lights out. I think a lot depends on Harvey this year. I think Comforto is going to have a monster year. Yo has had a good start also, but we know how streaky he is.

Good start to the season, NOT getting pumped up yet. It is way too early for that. I like what I see so far though. Pitching has been strong and the pen has been lights out. I think a lot depends on Harvey this year. I think Comforto is going to have a monster year. Yo has had a good start also, but we know how streaky he is.

Any and every Mets fan is happy right now but just like you, they are optimistically pessimistic.

Any and every Mets fan is happy right now but just like you, they are optimistically pessimistic.

Yes this is my struggle too... but I am looking at it this way, I am enjoying watching them play this year! Last season I was hardly even turning on SNY by time June rolled around. Last night I started cursing Hasel Robeles... that dude can never make anything easy. He can look lights out against one batter than looks like horseshit against the next and then turn back into a stud. I'd love to see him get replaced in the pen... maybe by a lefty.

You guys have to love Callaway along with eiland?

They've done a phenomenal job with the pitchers.

I wanted Callaway for the Yankees job. Guy is going to be an excellent manager

So far, so good. I was worried about him being able to handle NY pressure and he hasnt been tested yet. Well see what happens after a 5 game losing streak.

So far, so good. I was worried about him being able to handle NY pressure and he hasnt been tested yet. Well see what happens after a 5 game losing streak.

Yes it is easy to grin when your ships come in, and you got the stock market beat, but the man worth while is the one who can smile when his pants are too tight in his seat - Judge Smalls...

From the looks of it right now he has the team in good spirits and it shows, last night everytime they gave up the lead right away they would respond, I know I had that sinking feeling us Mets fans know all to well, but the team sure did not.

Yes it is easy to grin when your ships come in, and you got the stock market beat, but the man worth while is the one who can smile when his pants are too tight in his seat - Judge Smalls...

From the looks of it right now he has the team in good spirits and it shows, last night everytime they gave up the lead right away they would respond, I know I had that sinking feeling us Mets fans know all to well, but the team sure did not.

I have yet to see anything about him that worries me. He doesn’t appear to be a puppet for Sandy either which I’m happy about.

They pulled the pitcher throwing a no hitter in his first game? Mattingly is a fucking bigger asshole then even I thought he was

That’s a good way to lose the players respect in a season that’s lost before it began. Little victories like that mean a lot to last place teams.

Thats a good way to lose the players respect in a season thats lost before it began. Little victories like that mean a lot to last place teams.

Pinch hit for him with 2 outs and no one on... always hated Donny Asshole

And Frazier gets a hit!!