SportsWrath

Boston Massacre Game 5 Thread

timsheeran

Has there ever been a five game sweep? Or did we just make history again?

This is the Yankees first 5 game sweep in 20 something years or something along those lines. I cant remember the exact number. I dont think this is even the first 5 game sweep at Fenway for the Yanks. But yeah, theres been sweeps like this before.

This is the Yankees first 5 game sweep in 20 something years or something along those lines. I cant remember the exact number. I dont think this is even the first 5 game sweep at Fenway for the Yanks. But yeah, theres been sweeps like this before.

From espn.com

It's been 55 years since the Yankees swept the Red Sox in a five-game series. The last time the pinstripes pulled off the feat at Fenway? 1943. That was before Monday's capper to the Boston Massacre.

From espn.com

It's been 55 years since the Yankees swept the Red Sox in a five-game series. The last time the pinstripes pulled off the feat at Fenway? 1943. That was before Monday's capper to the Boston Massacre.

Also should be noted, the last time the Yanks put up 12 runs in bact to back to back games against the Sox in Fenway was 1927.... 1927!! and we all know about that team. :rock:

• 2 weeks later...