SportsWrath

Worst loss of the year

mickeef2

Season's over. Our bullpen blows, there's no way around it. We can get all the Big Papi heroics and the greatest defense in the world, but if there isn't a single freakin' guy in the bullpen you can trust (other than Papelbon- usually), you're shit. Starting pitching is in shambles, too. This team is going nowhere. The end.

Season's over. Our bullpen blows, there's no way around it. We can get all the Big Papi heroics and the greatest defense in the world, but if there isn't a single freakin' guy in the bullpen you can trust (other than Papelbon- usually), you're shit. Starting pitching is in shambles, too. This team is going nowhere. The end.

Well, it didn't help when Varitek went down, but I wouldn't say you guys were out of it yet. Your relievers are having a bad week is all, and your starters can keep you in the game. Wells will probably be fine once he finds his control.

You have to give us some competition. If it wasn't for the Sox, I'd be checking the line up in April, and tuning in in October.

i was just listening to WEEI, you sound like you were one of the callers.

i wouldn't say you guys are out of it, you do have an easier schedule coming up. However, the injury big came at the wrong time.

Yeah, I know as Yankee fans you guys don't wanna jump the gun or count your chickens, because I'd be the same way, but this team is done. My only hope was that Epstein would get some pitching help or the kids would improve as the season progressed, and neither has happened. Definitely not looking forward to next weekend. :brooding: