SportsWrath

Burress held out of practice with ankle injury

Blue Jeans

ALBANY, N.Y. - Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress left practice Wednesday morning at training camp in Albany, and head coach Tom Coughlin confirmed an apparent ankle injury.

"I don't think it's too much," Coughlin told reporters, "but he couldn't get going this morning so they held him. But it's (his) ankle."

Burress is the second Giants offensive player to leave practice in the last three days, following tight end Jeremy Shockey who is still recovering from a mild concussion suffered in a collision with safety Will Demps on Monday.

Coughlin said Burress is day-to-day right now and probably won't practice later today.

"[The trainers are] probably going to put their hands on him," Coughlin said. "I don't know, I can't comment on that. They may run through every test known to man. He didn't even get started today, so I don't think it was anything."

The injury had nothing to do with the climbing temperatures, which were closing in on triple digits when practice broke.

The 6-foot-5 Burress, who is going into his second year with New York after being signed from the Steelers, proved he could be an impact player last season, pulling in 76 catches for 1,214 yards and seven touchdowns. But after the Giants were routed 23-0 by the Panthers in the divisional playoffs, he failed to show for a team meeting the following day and was rarely present for mini-camps and voluntary workouts this spring.

As for Shockey, he sat out again today. The coaching staff should know more about him after this afternoon's practice.

"I expect that we'll probably find something out here [by] the next practice as far as what he can and can't do," said Coughlin. "But they say he's a little bit better today. [His headache] has subsided (some), but it's not completely gone."

Coughlin referred to Demps' hit on Shockey as just part of football--he just wishes that kind of bad luck wouldn't come into play.

"That was one of those things where both guys were going for the ball and it was kind of a freakish face mask kind of a hit, and it's unfortunate," he said. "Hopefully it'll clear itself shortly here, and Jeremy will be able to get back to practice."

Some are even thinking he faked it to get out of the heat.

And yet that doesn't surprise me...

oh shut up he made a diving catch at the end of practice on a long fly route from J-Load

Some are even thinking he faked it to get out of the heat.

And yet that doesn't surprise me...

so far the only ass stains that I can find who are making these accusations are a few dipshits over on giants.com I can't find any proof of this statement

so far the only ass stains that I can find who are making these accusations are a few dipshits over on giants.com I can't find any proof of this statement

:LMAO::LMAO:

When will we ever learn to not bring some of that Giants.com garbage over onto this board?? This board still has a shred of sense left.