SportsWrath

Apparently we are interested in Abreu

gateb

I don't agree. Abreu would make you favorites to win the WS.

Certainly not to win it. With all the changes in baseball over the last 100 years with home runs, stats, records, steroids, there is one thing that has remained consistent. You win with pitching. As of now, we are not matched up well enough to take on pitching staffs such as the Tigers, White Sox, and even the A's in a best of 7 series.

I don't agree. Abreu would make you favorites to win the WS.

No it won't. We'd wind up weakening our pitching for someone we don't need. Do you know anything about the Mets or their players?

Apparently the White Sox are shopping Vazquez and Garcia for some bullpen help. I say we trade Heilman for one of these guys and hope Owens or Maine can do the job. Not a bad starting rotation in a playoff series with a healthy Pedro, Glavine, Vazquez/Garcia. We'd still have Trachsel and El Duque to start, and the Duke was crucial for the White Sox in relief last season, so he's shown he can do the job in the pen if needed.

Apparently the White Sox are shopping Vazquez and Garcia for some bullpen help. I say we trade Heilman for one of these guys and hope Owens or Maine can do the job. Not a bad starting rotation in a playoff series with a healthy Pedro, Glavine, Vazquez/Garcia. We'd still have Trachsel and El Duque to start, and the Duke was crucial for the White Sox in relief last season, so he's shown he can do the job in the pen if needed.

Yeah, if we acquire another starter El Duque will come out of the pen in the playoffs, which would feel a hell of a lot better.

Certainly not to win it. With all the changes in baseball over the last 100 years with home runs, stats, records, steroids, there is one thing that has remained consistent. You win with pitching. As of now, we are not matched up well enough to take on pitching staffs such as the Tigers, White Sox, and even the A's in a best of 7 series.

I wasn't implying you don't need pitching. Everybody needs pitching.(except maybe Detroit) But Abreu gets on base over 40% of the time. That would go along great with the Mets power.

This conversation is probably a waste of time, anyway. Why would the Phillies want to unload Abreu when they're still in the hunt.

PS Woulda loved ya had you beat us to Ponson.

I wasn't implying you don't need pitching. Everybody needs pitching.(except maybe Detroit) But Abreu gets on base over 40% of the time. That would go along great with the Mets power.

This conversation is probably a waste of time, anyway. Why would the Phillies want to unload Abreu when they're still in the hunt.

PS Woulda loved ya had you beat us to Ponson.

I wouldn't exactly say they are still in the hunt...

Abreu would make our lineup much more formidable but certainly not a World Series favorite.

I wouldn't exactly say they are still in the hunt...

Abreu would make our lineup much more formidable but certainly not a World Series favorite.

Phillies are still in the hunt for the wild card, as is mostly every team in the league.

The Philles are probably the biggest underachievers in baseball today, which I blame on the coaching staff. Rowand especially, isn't living up to his hype. He's a great fielder, but plays way too shallow. I think they lead the league in giving up extra base hits, and I know Rowand gave the Yankees a few runs they shouldn't have gotten.

The Philles are probably the biggest underachievers in baseball today, which I blame on the coaching staff. Rowand especially, isn't living up to his hype. He's a great fielder, but plays way too shallow. I think they lead the league in giving up extra base hits, and I know Rowand gave the Yankees a few runs they shouldn't have gotten.

Maybe Rowand is a little gun shy right now considering he smashed his face on the centerfield wall in Philly earlier this season.

From what I hear, the Yanks have the best shot at Abreu and George is salavating over him. So chances of you guys getting him aren't to good.

I also heard that you guys have been eyeing Livan Hernandez lately. That would be a good pick up for you, right?

From what I hear, the Yanks have the best shot at Abreu and George is salavating over him. So chances of you guys getting him aren't to good.

I also heard that you guys have been eyeing Livan Hernandez lately. That would be a good pick up for you, right?

NO!!!! Livan is a bum. I'd rather the Mets make a deal for Vazquez or Garcia (White Sox). I wouldn't want them to get Abreu either, especially if it will cost us some pitching. The Mets lead the NL in runs scored, and Abreu is not needed, especially at his price. PITCHING PITCHING PITCHING!