SportsWrath

Pelfrey Wins His Debut!!!

Plax 4 Prez

He is still raw. Fell behind early in the count many times, walked five or six but did get himself out of trouble at times. Went deep in the pitch count and only pitched five innings due to that but he has more to offer then Soler or Lima.

How fast did his fastball go up to? And does he have a legitimate second and third pitch?

I saw the last 2 innings of his performance. His fastball went as high as 96, read in the paper it reached 97. In the 5th, he threw some nasty offspeed pitches clocked at 79. I thought they were curveballs, but read in the paper they were changeups. Whatever it was, it moved... ALOT. He looked good, and did very well considering the situation. MLB debut, losing the first game of a double-header. I'm sure all that run support helped settle him down. I hope he gets another start.

Yeah, he looked pretty good. He did have some nice offspeed stuff, but didn't really seem to fool anyone with it. He settled down in the 4th and 5th and looked better. If he gets another start I think he will have a better performance.

He might be the best young pitcher in New York, yes, Yankee fans, someone is

better than Philip Hughes.

He may be the top prospect in pitching in our system but another guy is threatening to prove that wrong. Evan MacLane has thrown some pretty great games only allowing a few hits and no runs in Norfolk... He is a Glavine-like southpaw who looks like he may have success here... but since he doesn't have the fastball Pelfrey has he won't be here this year... maybe next year.

He may be the top prospect in pitching in our system but another guy is threatening to prove that wrong. Evan MacLane has thrown some pretty great games only allowing a few hits and no runs in Norfolk... He is a Glavine-like southpaw who looks like he may have success here... but since he doesn't have the fastball Pelfrey has he won't be here this year... maybe next year.

I hear people write about him on the Mets message board, if he could have

half of the success that Tom Glavine has had, he would be a great pitcher.

I hear Blake McGinely is a keeper also.

Just wish that all the fire ballers that are stuck in double A could do something.

I hear people write about him on the Mets message board, if he could have

half of the success that Tom Glavine has had, he would be a great pitcher.

I hear Blake McGinely is a keeper also.

Just wish that all the fire ballers that are stuck in double A could do something.

Ya and we havn't even talked about Philip Humber yet.