SportsWrath

Toomer recalls playing with selfish quarterback(Warner)

Mr. P

38 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I would have preferred it, never liked his holier than everyone schtick. Overrated player too. 

For real.  I think he is better than DJ, but is purely a system QB with very little of his own other than basic competency.  If you are truly Christian you ditch that holier than thou bullshit early, as we are all covered in filth (sin).  From the "holiest" of holy people to the so-called lowest person out there.  We can't be the Jests who are ALWAYS looking for their next Joe Namath, catching lightning in a bottle for 1968-1969, instead of building a team from scratch.  Mr. Natural Immunity (Rodgers) is pure Fool's Gold that Green Bay (that hated franchise) sent him on his way.  If Green Bay can rid themselves of Favre... Rodger's is no issue for them bro.  As usual your statement is spot on.

Not a real fan either, but Dude's on a two year contract playing to stay in the league knowing he is just a placeholder for Eli on a total rebuild coming off a 4 - 12 record. He was basically left for dead by the Rams. Gets with a lousy Gman team and actually got off to a good start..then they team started to slide .... so he starts thinking about hooking up with somewhere else and knows the if he has a bad rating he is done. He made a business decision...in the football business.

C. Wagon

28 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Maybe not a good business decision because it got him benched. I guess Eli would have been put in anyway, but man was Warner ever frustrating to watch because he’d take a sack before sacrificing a point on his completion percentage.

Agreed....I didnt say it was a good decision...it was..a decision. LOL.

I think the handwriting was on the wall when they dropped from 5-2 to 5-4 they were going to go to Eli. Which was a good call. .

Warner also had a bad hand I remember and had trouble holding on to the ball...he started wearing gloves when the got to Az.

Not a Warner guy...being in Iowa....we got just a little too much of him locally.

C. Wagon

5 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Not a real fan either, but Dude's on a two year contract playing to stay in the league knowing he is just a placeholder for Eli on a total rebuild coming off a 4 - 12 record. He was basically left for dead by the Rams. Gets with a lousy Gman team and actually got off to a good start..then they team started to slide .... so he starts thinking about hooking up with somewhere else and knows the if he has a bad rating he is done. He made a business decision...in the football business.

C. Wagon

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Maybe not a good business decision because it got him benched. I guess Eli would have been put in anyway, but man was Warner ever frustrating to watch because he’d take a sack before sacrificing a point on his completion percentage.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Agreed....I didnt say it was a good decision...it was..a decision. LOL.

I think the handwriting was on the wall when they dropped from 5-2 to 5-4 they were going to go to Eli. Which was a good call. .

Warner also had a bad hand I remember and had trouble holding on to the ball...he started wearing gloves when the got to Az.

Not a Warner guy...being in Iowa....we got just a little too much of him locally.

C. Wagon

57 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Yeah my main memory of Kurt Warner is holding onto the ball forever.  

I was ready for Eli to start. 

Obviously never a Warner fan... and this smacked too much of the Jests obsession with sometime good washed up QB's.  Glad the Giants bit the bullet and handed it over to Eli.