SportsWrath

Cody Core cut

BlueInCanada

Makes sense, Cody Core became a prohibitively expensive special teams player coming back from IR.  Don't understand why Levine Toilolo is still on the roster.  He would be out of the league if he didn't restructure.

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Honestly we need to get rid of that guy. His blocking sucks, he brings nothing to the table.

I think it's the idea of we can have him for next to nothing this year.

Where as if we let him and Engram walk we are going to have to eat into cap space to get another starter or two.

30 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think it's the idea of we can have him for next to nothing this year.

Where as if we let him and Engram walk we are going to have to eat into cap space to get another starter or two.

I just don't see the value of the blocking TE that can't block. We can use that roster spot to bring in someone who can block. He literally holds no value. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I just don't see the value of the blocking TE that can't block. We can use that roster spot to bring in someone who can block. He literally holds no value. 

But I think that's the idea, he holds no value he costs the team nothing to keep him.

Any other TE worth a damn, even bench guys your looking at 3 or 4 million a year. 

That's space we don't have.

Keep in mind Smith is still on the team and projected starter is Engrams leaves,which I have no problem with.

Also I don't think Toiliolollollloiloil was that bad of a blocker, better than Engram anyways.

His blocking grades were in the high 50's.  That's really not very good; you can get that kind of production out of almost anybody. I remember seeing him get blown up on numerous sweeps last year.

I just don't understand the logic of paying for a 5 of year vet who we know sucks instead of looking for a rookie blocking TE that might at least turn out to be serviceable on a peanuts contract.