SportsWrath

So it looks like you all get what you wanted

Storm

Rumors are Shurmur and Gettleman are both gone. I think this is horribly shortsighted. Can’t wait for another losing season next year so we can put a coach on the hot seat again the following year. These guys have to be allowed to have their vision at least played out and if the vision sucks, THEN you fire them.

Shurmur called an awful game in a meaningless game. But why the fuck would you give up on a dude who developed your franchise QB and had to start like 22 rookies? Why would you jettison the GM who drafted your franchise QB, RB, and half of your defense?

It just doesn’t make sense to me. We are now the Browns. 

The real problem with the Giants is definitely ownership and their inability to establish a vision and hire to obtain that vision. I see a lot of positives from that roster that could one day pan out. But they won’t stay the course because of...fans.

If they want to own the team they need to own the decision making. It’s ridiculous that they’re, again, switching coaches to appease fans. The dudes in charge literally have locked a franchise quarterback, a franchise running back, and have established a defensive backfield and most of a defensive line. 

23 minutes ago, Storm said:

The real problem with the Giants is definitely ownership and their inability to establish a vision and hire to obtain that vision. I see a lot of positives from that roster that could one day pan out. But they won’t stay the course because of...fans.

It doesn't have anything to do with fans IMO.

They really couldn't care less about what fans think, if they did Eli and COughlin would of been long gone before 2007.

The problem is they have been scorned by coaches doing what they want and their way of doing it.

You think Couglin gave a fuck about Mara? Hell no, Couglin did things his way.

You think McAttack gave a fuck about benching Eli the way that Mara wanted too? Fuck no he sat his ass and started Geno "IMDABEST" Smith.

So instead they wanted yes men.

Getty isnt a yes man, he does his own thing.

Shurmur would of been a yes man but he realized they wanted to get rid of him by week 8 of this year.

They don't want change, they want the team run the way they want.

Which is something Shurmur and probably Getty arent doing.

They jettisoned Mcadoo because he wanted to move on from Eli so don’t give me that they don’t care about what fans think. They are literally going to restart a rebuild because of what fans think RIGHT NOW, Blue. Welcome to another defensive alignment and offensive system, bruh. It’s crazy and it’s sad that the Giants have become that team that doesn’t want to admit that they waited way too long to rebuild and now that it’s too late and they can’t win, it’s the head coach and GM and not the process.

3 minutes ago, Storm said:

They jettisoned Mcadoo because he wanted to move on from Eli so don’t give me that they don’t care about what fans think. They are literally going to restart a rebuild because of what fans think RIGHT NOW, Blue. Welcome to another defensive alignment and offensive system, bruh. It’s crazy and it’s sad that the Giants have become that team that doesn’t want to admit that they waited way too long to rebuild and now that it’s too late and they can’t win, it’s the head coach and GM and not the process.

No they didnt lol

His head was already on the chopping block long before that, fuck by week ten when the team was 1-9, 1 and 9! by week 13 they were 2 and 10.There were already reports that Mara was getting ready to move on from him and JR long long long before week 13.

Once again Mara could care less about the fans.

Yes they watied to long to rebuild, they should of pulled the trigger when Coughlin was shown the door.

However instead they didn't listen to anyone no fans or anything and instead just hired from within with the promise that "they'll keep winning"

Which is the same shit Shurmur and Getty have fed them.

12 minutes ago, Storm said:

They will not win until they decide they want a coach to come in with a vision and let him go 4-12 for two or three years. That’s how it works.

And I agree with out, I've said it the moment that Getty and Shurmur were hired that this team was going to be a dumpster fire for four or five years for them to build their team.

However Mara doesn't care.

He just does what he wants, he probably would of gotten rid of Coughlin and Eli after 2005 if Wellington didn't die and he had to keep them around.

Although, I don't care if we had Bill Billycheek as HC, Bill Walsh as OC and Bill Cowher as DC.

This team would NOT have won more than 7 games with this roster.

Shurmur got handed a lame duck team and was told "Go win a SB like the GM promised"

Unlike MacAttack who got handed a sports car and drove the fucking thing off a cliff.

Had he put in Kyle Lauletta, Mcadoo shouldn’t have been fired. Because he started Geno, the guy who had more experience and was still better at that point in time, than Eli...because of fan backlash, McAdoo was fired. So don’t give me that assertion fan opinion means nothing to ownership. They’re going to fire Shurmur because fans don’t know what the fuck they want and have no clue what has to happen to establish a winning team. That is literally what is going to happen.

And initially, I didn’t hate the hand it to Barkley on fourth and one to the stretch. It didn’t work, though, so he looks like an idiot. But it didn’t work because numerous people missed assignments.

Literally, what other reason is there to fire Shurmur right now, other than fans are pissed the team couldn’t win this year? They couldn’t win because they’re playing a rookie quarterback behind, again, a bad offensive line with a rookie defense. That’s not enough to start the process over again when the rookie qb looks good, the defense is making progress and the team has tons of cap space and draft capital. He is being fired because fans can’t stand waiting another year to let the process play out. Now we get three more years of the process but the precedent has been set that you don’t get three years in New York. And that’s fucking devastating to the long term success of the team.

11 minutes ago, Storm said:

Had he put in Kyle Lauletta, Mcadoo shouldn’t have been fired. Because he started Geno, the guy who had more experience and was still better at that point in time, than Eli...because of fan backlash, McAdoo was fired. So don’t give me that assertion fan opinion means nothing to ownership. They’re going to fire Shurmur because fans don’t know what the fuck they want and have no clue what has to happen to establish a winning team. That is literally what is going to happen.

MacAdoo was fired even if they left Eli in the game.

He was gone after that year regardless of the fans which you think, the fans made zero impact on him getting fired, you know what did? 1 and 9.

MacAttack was handed the reigns to what the owners figured was a playoff ready/winning team, and instead they got bounced in the wildcard round and then a 2-10 season.

There was absolutely zero chance MacAdoo was staying after a 1-9 start, I'm sorry but even if he ripped off 6 wins straight, he was shown the door.

It's the same reason that Shumur (and Getty possibly) will be shown the door because going into 2018 what was Getty saying? "You can win games and rebuild"

Mara was once again promised a winning team and shown chicken shit.

Regardless of it being the HC/GMs fault, someone is getting thrown under the bus for it.

And it has nothing to do with the fans.

9 minutes ago, Storm said:

Literally, what other reason is there to fire Shurmur right now, other than fans are pissed the team couldn’t win this year? They couldn’t win because they’re playing a rookie quarterback behind, again, a bad offensive line with a rookie defense. That’s not enough to start the process over again when the rookie qb looks good, the defense is making progress and the team has tons of cap space and draft capital. He is being fired because fans can’t stand waiting another year to let the process play out. Now we get three more years of the process but the precedent has been set that you don’t get three years in New York. And that’s fucking devastating to the long term success of the team.

Because Mara doesn't care about what fans think, just what he thinks.

And he isnt happy, in 2018 he was promised a winning team.

It's the same reason teams like the Raiders sat in the basement, because it doesnt matter what the fans/coaches/GMs think, just what the owners think.

Well we are in agreement then. Until Mara and Tisch agree that there’s no chance of them winning anything within the next 5 years, there’s just no point in a coaching carousel. It’s just not going to happen. The roster is not good, the cap situation had sucked up until 2020, and no coaching change is going to fix that.

Shurmur looks like he's a deer in the headlights after a recent lobotomy. He hasnt shown that he can get the best out of his players, none of the players on either side of the ball (barring Danny Dimes) has shown improvement. The body language of the team just overall sucks. It almost looks like they arent inspired at all and are just going through the motions. You can see that the players are not rallying around Shurmur. He is a nice guy but he doesnt look like a guy players will lay their bodies down for. I mean - hell Miami, Cincy, Detroit - almost all of these teams are atleast showing some fire and fight in them. Giants just look stupid and keep making mental errors game after game - it is these constant mental errors on both sides of the ball thats going to get Getty fired. A new coach needs to get these guys mentally ready - stop with the mistakes and miscommunication already. Purely being beaten by lack of talent is one thing - but getting shafted by gimmicks, trick plays week after week and guys just fucking up mentally - that can only stop with a regime change. I like Shurmur as an OC but not as a HC. I dont like Bettcher sharing my oxygen. And Gettleman - well, Id like to give him more time. Outside of the Leonard Williams brainfart, overall, its better than what Reese was doing.