SportsWrath

Top 50 NFL players

vermin79

Why should he ?? This is not a best body on the board walk contest. It's about performing in the NFL. Do you need more interpertation ?? Shockey would be lucky to make the top 200.

Whatever dude, if you think that then you are the dumbest SOB on this board and you know shit about football.

Oh, c'mon! Shockey is known more for his off the field activities than what he has accomplished on the field. At this point he has not lived up to his hype and potential.

I agree that he hasn't lived up to his potential, but he is still a dominant player in the NFL. He's made 2 probowls in 4 years.

Let's see what his #'s look like this year when he has the same QB for 2 years in a row.

Oh, c'mon! Shockey is known more for his off the field activities than what he has accomplished on the field. At this point he has not lived up to his hype and potential.

No? 3 Pro-Bowls and being second in Yards, catches, and TD I guess doesn't live up to the potential. Let me ask you a question...If Shockey lead all TE in Yard, catches and TD. Would you still believe he's ove hyped?

He blows off the off season workout every year - he immediately falls into the "Me-First" group of NFL Headcases that refuse to workout with their teams and QBs in the offseason - very immature behavior for a supposed "pro".

How can you blow something off that's voluntary :confused:

Here we go again with this debate. Listen to me and listen to me good. Come a bit closer please. If you and your cronies really think that staying away from 99% of your team during a voluntary camp is acceptable then you truely don't know a thing about the game that's played in the NFL. Because of our background we understand that despite it being called such, if you choose to stay away, your abscence speaks volumes about your intent to win with your team.

Perhaps the Fab Four expect to much understanding from the non -athlete set who populate this board.

Well its really like 94% Because there are 4 people missing from camp....TOOMER , Plax , Shock, Will J

I blame Toomer.....how do you expect Plax and Shock to show up when the WR "vet" is setting a bad example :furious: He should be cut or traded for a younger better player...Oh thats right we have Moss now Toomer wont be starting for long :rock:

Until Shockey starts acting and preparing like a pro, he won't be taken seriously. Once again he stays in Miami to party instead of working out with his teammates. The term "potential" no longer applies after this many years and Shockey is like Lavar - a lot of hype, but his production on the field doesn't support it. Once he starts acting and practicing like a pro athlete, Shockey could start showing up on some of these lists.

Want to talk about Production?

First 4 years Shockey and Bavaros

211 3051 20 Bavaro QB= Phil Simms

248 2986 17 Shockey QB = Kerry, Palmer, Warner, Manning

Bavaro Also played in 6 more games :TU:

Shock Probowls 3 in 4 years

Bavaro 1 in 4 years

Now if you want to keep talking about Production...Lets talk about the Decline in Toomers production

Shockey and Plaxico look to disappoint again as they blow off another off season. Too bad the Giants didn't draft Witten or Cooley instead of Shockey. As many passes as the Giant offense directs to the TE position, Witten or Cooley would post amazing nnumbers as they have good hands and a great work ethic, unlike Shockey.

All you add to this board is hate, Dallas fan.

So this starts off as a comment on the top 50 players in the NFL and you turn it into a pissing match about Shockey. The years that Shockey came to the VOLUNTARY WORKOUTS his production suffered, but the two years he went to Miami (rookie season and last season) he came back a beast. You will see the same in Burress this year. As someone eluded to eariler, Shockey has had three Pro Bowl selections in four years with four different people throwing him the ball, and two completely different coaching staffs. And I'll save you the time of typing this... Fab 4's response, "The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest." Fan voting is only a portion of the selection process, meaning that three times... Shockey was put into the Pro Bowl due to his production, not his popularity. Also I seem to recall the four of you complaining... or rather bitching about Shockey skipping the Pro Bowl to heal injuries that he had been playing with for most of the season. Please STFU or leave.

So this starts off as a comment on the top 50 players in the NFL and you turn it into a pissing match about Shockey. The years that Shockey came to the VOLUNTARY WORKOUTS his production suffered, but the two years he went to Miami (rookie season and last season) he came back a beast. You will see the same in Burress this year. As someone eluded to eariler, Shockey has had three Pro Bowl selections in four years with four different people throwing him the ball, and two completely different coaching staffs. And I'll save you the time of typing this... Fab 4's response, "The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest." Fan voting is only a portion of the selection process, meaning that three times... Shockey was put into the Pro Bowl due to his production, not his popularity. Also I seem to recall the four of you complaining... or rather bitching about Shockey skipping the Pro Bowl to heal injuries that he had been playing with for most of the season. Please STFU or leave.

Brilliant!!!! The greatest weight given to NFL Pro Bowl players are the votes of their peers, not the fans. And your point about Shockey skipping the game in order for injuries to heal is on point as well. As usual, the FAG 4 will ignore your logical and rational response, as it flies in the face of their self-serving hate.