SportsWrath

The World Baseball Classic

Guest TheShocker

Guest TheShocker
Hell yeah, do you know if all the games are going to be televised, or just the USA ones?

I read that ESPN will televise 16 games (including semifinals and finals) and all 39 games will be televised on ESPN Deportes. Not positive on the authenticity of that though.

• 2 weeks later...

The WBC is a good idea, somewhat, but honeslty who cares if team ukraine beats zanazibar 2-1 in a 13th inning game to win it all? no one. the whole thing is just a gimmick to gain some marketing for usa baseball. plus, the other countries think usa players are horrible because they dont compete in things like this. The worst part, and i will quote george steinbrenner, "someone is gonna get hurt anbdits gonna ruin their season". just imagine if clemens tears his rotator cuff and misses his final season? that would be horrible. i am completely against thew WBC

I would love this idea if it's in January. I wouldn't be worried if Delgado hurt his hamstring running down the line because he has two months to heal. Now I have to root for my guys not to get hurt instead of success.

I would love this idea if it's in January. I wouldn't be worried if Delgado hurt his hamstring running down the line because he has two months to heal. Now I have to root for my guys not to get hurt instead of success.

why do you love the idea. you have pitchers that are not ready yet going up against all star lineups. Why would an all star play and risk getting injured? i mean this could even cause contract problems. I'm sure at least 5 teams will try to pass contracts saying if you hurt urself in the classic your contract is void. What that will lead to is either players not signing contracts or players dropping out of the classic. its also an obvious winner. if dominican republic doesnt win ill run around my town naked. :clap: . hold me to that.

why do you love the idea. you have pitchers that are not ready yet going up against all star lineups. Why would an all star play and risk getting injured? i mean this could even cause contract problems. I'm sure at least 5 teams will try to pass contracts saying if you hurt urself in the classic your contract is void. What that will lead to is either players not signing contracts or players dropping out of the classic. its also an obvious winner. if dominican republic doesnt win ill run around my town naked. :clap: . hold me to that.

I would love this idea if it's in January. I wouldn't be worried if Delgado hurt his hamstring running down the line because he has two months to heal. Now I have to root for my guys not to get hurt instead of success

Before you go out calling my posts... read the whole thing ;)

Before you go out calling my posts... read the whole thing ;)

i quoted the wrong person i wasnt directing it at you i meant everyone saying it was a great idea. and still in january pitchers wouldnt be ready and it would almost be the same scenario.

i quoted the wrong person i wasnt directing it at you i meant everyone saying it was a great idea. and still in january pitchers wouldnt be ready and it would almost be the same scenario.

Who said that it was a great idea?

I never liked the idea of the WBC...I know there is no Olympic baseball anymore...but I still don't like it.

But...I'll still watch a couple games just because.

The WBC is a good idea, somewhat, but honeslty who cares if team ukraine beats zanazibar 2-1 in a 13th inning game to win it all? no one. the whole thing is just a gimmick to gain some marketing for usa baseball. plus, the other countries think usa players are horrible because they dont compete in things like this. The worst part, and i will quote george steinbrenner, "someone is gonna get hurt anbdits gonna ruin their season". just imagine if clemens tears his rotator cuff and misses his final season? that would be horrible. i am completely against thew WBC

Yes?

I would have liked to see this after the regular season not before. For the first time ever I agree with George, someone will get hurt and ruin their teams chances at winning a World Series.

Sadly, I find myself watching this and cheering as loudly as V-tek hit a home run and gulp, A-rod got on base as I do in a pennant race game against the Braves. :brooding:

I just can't get away.