SportsWrath

Nix is back - go figure

BleedinBlue

Art Stapleton & #8207;@art_stapleton 33s33 seconds ago

Surprise! Former Notre Dame + former Texans DT Louis Nix is now back with the Giants.

He initially failed his physical, but now he's passed.

4 retweets 0 favorites

Reply Retweet 4 Favorite

More

LMAO

Actually, I'm glad because I think he was the one steal the Giants picked up from the scrap heap. If he's healthy, he's gonna be good to work into the system on that line. I'm pulling for him.

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton 27m27 minutes ago

OK, think I have some clarity on Louis Nix situation w/ #Giants: Waived for failing physical, cleared waivers + re-signed to a new contract.

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton 25m25 minutes ago

So essentially DT Louis Nix re-signs with the #Giants on a new contract, not his rookie deal. Terms likely altered to lower $, incentives.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 27m27 minutes ago

OK, think I have some clarity on Louis Nix situation w/ #Giants: Waived for failing physical, cleared waivers + re-signed to a new contract.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 25m25 minutes ago

So essentially DT Louis Nix re-signs with the #Giants on a new contract, not his rookie deal. Terms likely altered to lower $, incentives.

That makes sense as his rookie contract was close to 3 million. If cutting him for failing a physical and then resigning him to a much smaller deal, but laden with incentives, it makes complete sense. I don't know how the carry over goes with rookie contracts and what it takes to make a new contract, but if that's what the Giants did, then by all means, that's a smart ass move.

That's what I'm wondering. Apparently he had some trouble with coaching in Houston and that's why they gave up on him so quick. He was scheduled to be a 1st round or 2nd round pick after his juinior year at ND and decided to return for his senior year where he got hurt.

That's what I'm wondering. Apparently he had some trouble with coaching in Houston and that's why they gave up on him so quick. He was scheduled to be a 1st round or 2nd round pick after his juinior year at ND and decided to return for his senior year where he got hurt.

I guess since he's now waiver wire material it's a high reward/low risk scenario.

Good work by the FO here if we've got Nix in at a low CAP cost to the Giants ( on a new deal with incentives for him , if he performs ) ......i quite like this move now

( not quite sure how we persuaded the doctors to fail him on a physical one day ....and pass him the next though ? )

Good work by the FO here if we've got Nix in at a low CAP cost to the Giants ( on a new deal with incentives for him , if he performs ) ......i quite like this move now

( not quite sure how we persuaded the doctors to fail him on a physical one day ....and pass him the next though ? )

With part of what we saved in reworking the deal?