SportsWrath

Player safety.....what about positional weight limits?

JMFP

In wrestling, and even in youth football, there are weight limits on the players.

I think maybe it might be a good idea to consider having maximum weights for certain players, to keep this league from getting too big and too fast for the human body to handle.

Just throwing that out there.

Makes sense but damn....it would be a nightmare to police....it'd be like boxing....weight in at 147 on Friday.......then pound chow that night and saturday....and fight at 157...165 on Sunday.

Plus they'd bomb too many drug tests popping waterpills and laxitives trying to make weight.....alos...I would have to think the wear and tear on some of those big guys hearts bouncing around on their weight .....would be riskier then the head trauma in the short rule.

....I say....and I'm not joking....no face masks and leather helmets. ....they don't have these head injury issues in Rugby....and that is because you have rules on tackling and you don't have a weapon strapped on your head.

C.W agon

Its something that has been discussed before. There were 3 guys in the NFL in 1980 at 300 pounds, 94 in 1990, 301 in 2000, 394 in 2009. Football teams need to be reined in from nothing short of demanding players are big coming into the draft, to get bigger while they play and stay bigger during their career.

Well there is one guy who was deemed too big...

http://youtu.be/HmqxS4i2ul8