SportsWrath

Jake Ballard

Lughead

I respect what Jake Ballard did for us. But Jake Ballard really overachieved when he was with us. I prefer TEs who don't look like they are running in mud... unless they are ACTUALLY running in mud, then that's ok. I actually believe Larry Donnell is a better athlete and better blocker than Ballard. However, Jake had great hands. That's something that I would not diminish or make light of. If we were hit with injuries at the position, fine, bring him back... but right now, Myers is a MUCH better option, and when Adrien Robinson gets back, I can't wait to see him play.

I respect what Jake Ballard did for us. But Jake Ballard really overachieved when he was with us. I prefer TEs who don't look like they are running in mud... unless they are ACTUALLY running in mud, then that's ok. I actually believe Larry Donnell is a better athlete and better blocker than Ballard. However, Jake had great hands. That's something that I would not diminish or make light of. If we were hit with injuries at the position, fine, bring him back... but right now, Myers is a MUCH better option, and when Adrien Robinson gets back, I can't wait to see him play.

Robinson for some reasons just can't seem to get off the bench I am not sure if it is because of the personnel ahead of him or because he needs to work on some thing, maybe he has blocking technique/assignments issues. I remember when we picked him I was thinking who? of course I did the youtube search and seen him make some unbelievable catches. I am pretty sure he didn't grow stone hands in just a couple of years.He could be our version of Vernon Davis. He is very athletic. A lot more athletic then Meyers. I hope this year he can get on the field and make some great play's for us.

Do the Jets need a TE?

Or would they try jake ballard at QB?

I'd like to take a look at this guy again

keller is out for the year they have Cumberland and Winslow and some other guy. I am sure they would look at Ballard he just came from New England they would want any insight that he has to what the Pats are doing wouldn't you think?

Robinson for some reasons just can't seem to get off the bench I am not sure if it is because of the personnel ahead of him or because he needs to work on some thing, maybe he has blocking technique/assignments issues. I remember when we picked him I was thinking who? of course I did the youtube search and seen him make some unbelievable catches. I am pretty sure he didn't grow stone hands in just a couple of years.He could be our version of Vernon Davis. He is very athletic. A lot more athletic then Meyers. I hope this year he can get on the field and make some great play's for us.

Wasn't the knock on Robinson that he basically knew nothing about the TE position coming into the draft? Didn't have any blocking technique, no route running ability, knew nothing about passing trees or offensive plays. That he really only relied on his physical ability in college and nothing else, almost like Barden coming out of his division being told to just run go routes.

Although if anyone can shape Robinson it is Pope, but maybe he still isnt ready for an NFL system and the coaches don't feel like he can be trusted to not fuck up. I mean they brought in Myers for a reason but with Pascoe now playing FB for a while it should give Robinson atleast a shot to come in and get more gametime.

Give Robinson a break.... he was a project rookie when they drafted him in what, the 5th round? The Giants basically redshirted him last year, and he's going into his 2nd year. He sprained his foot in the final preseason game... so we don't really know right now where he would end up on the depth chart or how they plan to use him because he won't be ready to go in this first game. I do expect that he will, at some point this season, be the #2 TE behind Myers, and I expect him to make some plays for us in the passing game.