SportsWrath

Josh Cribbs signed by the Raiders

BleedinBlue

Well...that option is gone. Just as well. He was a terrific kick returner...avg punt returner. And with the new rules, so many balls are kicked into the end zone that a dedicated kick returner isn't all that necessary. Hopefully, one of these young guys know how to catch a kicked ball when necessary and can scat like a mouse with a cat after it.

Cribbs repeated often that he wanted to go to a team that was only missing a piece or two to be a Super Bowl contender...mainly, a kick returner. So he picks a team without a QB and missing about 20 pieces to become Super Bowl material. :LMAO:

You have to wonder h

Well...that option is gone. Just as well. He was a terrific kick returner...avg punt returner. And with the new rules, so many balls are kicked into the end zone that a dedicated kick returner isn't all that necessary. Hopefully, one of these young guys know how to catch a kicked ball when necessary and can scat like a mouse with a cat after it.

Cribbs repeated often that he wanted to go to a team that was only missing a piece or two to be a Super Bowl contender...mainly, a kick returner. So he picks a team without a QB and missing about 20 pieces to become Super Bowl material. :LMAO:

That makes me wonder how many teams actually made him an offer and if all that talk about him narrowing it down to like 4 teams or whatever was just agent-created buzz to get him a better deal in Oakland or from one of the other teams.

You have to wonder h

That makes me wonder how many teams actually made him an offer and if all that talk about him narrowing it down to like 4 teams or whatever was just agent-created buzz to get him a better deal in Oakland or from one of the other teams.

Where's the $? I think he went with the highest bidder.. even if the bidder was only the raiders.

I wonder how interested the teams were that had him in. I know the Jets complained that his physical showed he wasn't fully healed...but some claimed the Jets said that because they thought he was going to the Giants.

In the end...getting down to the 53 man limit is brutal and for every new guy you keep, someone loses their opportunity...even quality guys.

Since most kicks end up in the end zone now and very few are even run back, I suspect Wilson will keep that job for the Giants and he's very good at it and he won't take that much of a beating simply because he won't come out with the ball that often. Punt returner is a much more up in the air question for the Giants.