SportsWrath

Mock Draft competition

Allstarjim

So, we are getting to crunch time... I have still not completed my first round mock... I'm working on 5 up, 5 down. Was going to be done with this by now but I had to go to NY last week because of a death in my family. So I will be doing my first round mock and completed by the time the first round begins. I will also do the Google spreadsheet to consolidate all of our mocks in one place and do the mock draft competition, with the same point system as last year. For my convenience, if you want to be included in the mock draft competition, can you please post your mocks here. I will also post my mock here as well when I am done.

And also, it looks like a lot of you will be needing to change your mocks considering the Revis trade. The Jets now own the 13th pick.

1.Chiefs-Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

2.Jaguars-Dion Jordan DE/OLB Oregon

3.Raiders-Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

4.Eagles-Star Lotulelei DT Utah

5.Lions-Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

6.Browns-Geno Smith QB West Va

7.Cardinals-Jonathan Cooper OG UNC

8.Bills-Tavon Austin WR West Va

9.Jets-Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU

10.Titans-Shariff Floyd DT Florida

11.Chargers-Ziggy Ansah DE/OLB BYU

12.Dolphins-Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame

13.Jets-Chance Warmack OG Alabama

14.Panthers-Dee Milliner CB Alabama

15.Saints-Xavier Rhodes CB FSU

16.Rams-Kenny Vaccaro S Texas

17.Steelers-Jarvis Jones OLB UGA

18.Cowboys-Sheldon Richardson DT Mizzou

19.Giants-D.J Fluker OT Alabama

20.Bears-Justin Hunter WR Tennesee

21.Bengals-Jonathan Cyprien S FIU

22.Rams-Alec Ogletree LB UGA

23.Vikings-Sylvester Williams DT UNC

24.Colts-Tank Carradine DE/OLB FSU

25.Vikings-Manti Teo ILB Notre Dame

26.Packers-Arthur Brown LB Kansas St

27.Texans-DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

28.Broncos-Jamar Taylor CB Boise St

29.Patriots-Corradelle Patterson WR Tennesee

30.Falcons-D.J Hayden CB Houston

31.49ers-Margus Hunt DE SMU

32.Ravens-Robert Woods WR USC

I'd have a hard time putting a mock together because I automatically ignore the top 10 players on the board and don't keep track of other team's needs. So I try to only guess the Giants' picks. I'm really hoping for an impact player in the first round and taking a chance on a guy in the second who perhaps fell because of character issues or perhaps a mistake made in the past that allows him to fall, where as he would've been a sure fire first rounder. I think the two players with the most potential impact that might slip through the Giants are Ogletree and Eifert and I'd be happy with either of them. Happier with Eifert though because he'd bring an immediate impact without bringing garbage along with him. I really don't want the Giants to go with a "safe" pick like we did when we burned a first rounder on William Joseph because we really wanted a DT and he was the best DT left on the board. I loved it when we went for JPP when a lot of people were saying it was just too risky and we needed another DE like we needed a third tit. Turned out to be one of the best moves we ever made. In hindsight, if other teams knew what they know now, he'd have been off the board in the first 3 or 4 picks. I like it when we take a chance on an athletic monster that's hungry to prove himself.

I don't know about doing that, Jim. I can basically guess who the Giants are going to pick... and it's a crap shoot.. I've been swining between Fluker and Olgertree... just in the past 5 minutes I leaned Olgertree... that's about it.

I don't know about doing that, Jim. I can basically guess who the Giants are going to pick... and it's a crap shoot.. I've been swining between Fluker and Olgertree... just in the past 5 minutes I leaned Olgertree... that's about it.

Me too, lol we agreed on Fluker yesterday, now we are on Ogletree. C'mon do a mock, we need participants in this. Same guys for you. bleedin, every mock is a guessing game, that's the fun it.

Me too, lol we agreed on Fluker yesterday, now we are on Ogletree. C'mon do a mock, we need participants in this. Same guys for you. bleedin, every mock is a guessing game, that's the fun it.

Dude, I suck at it... anything I do or say is plagiarism lol

Okay.....here's my shot. Mostly plagiarized, then juggled players the way I think it might go.

I give up - it won't transfer my numbered bullets - I can't edit them in - the edit function on this board ignores what I pick and chooses to show text in about a font of 6, etc. Must be this editor does not accept documents from WORD and can allow edits. Oh well...I tried

Boo! Just copy/paste! I know u can copy/paste from MS Word, I've done it plenty of times. Just highlight and remove bullets from the word doc if that is the issue, then copy paste. And don't worry about the font, I'll manage.

Boo! Just copy/paste! I know u can copy/paste from MS Word, I've done it plenty of times. Just highlight and remove bullets from the word doc if that is the issue, then copy paste. And don't worry about the font, I'll manage.

I'm very frustrated with my new computer with Windows 8 - no matter what I do, there is no way that I can hit the return key while posting on here in order to drop down a line. It pretty much does the opposite of everything I do. I have had real problems since getting Win8 and am in the process of getting my old computer going again and will be back to Windows 7. Regardless....I do everything in MS Word and then try to copy/paste and it looks perfect until I hit "post" and then what pops up looks nothing like what was just on the board. Weird. Later this evening if I get a chance, I simply type it in.....well, no...I can't hit carriage return so it would be one long line again. That's the reason I did it in Word in the first place so I could simply cut and paste it and hopefully get the carriage returns. Like I said....frustrating.

I'm very frustrated with my new computer with Windows 8 - no matter what I do, there is no way that I can hit the return key while posting on here in order to drop down a line. It pretty much does the opposite of everything I do. I have had real problems since getting Win8 and am in the process of getting my old computer going again and will be back to Windows 7. Regardless....I do everything in MS Word and then try to copy/paste and it looks perfect until I hit "post" and then what pops up looks nothing like what was just on the board. Weird. Later this evening if I get a chance, I simply type it in.....well, no...I can't hit carriage return so it would be one long line again. That's the reason I did it in Word in the first place so I could simply cut and paste it and hopefully get the carriage returns. Like I said....frustrating.

Try the insert key.

1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

2. Jaguars - Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

3. Raiders - Dion Jordan DE/OLB Oregon

4. Eagles - Sharrif Floyd DT Florida

5. Lions - Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

6. Browns - Dee Milliner CB Alabama

7. Cardinals - Ezekiel Ansah - DE Oregon

8. Bills - Geno Smith QB West Virginia

9. Jets - Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU

10. Titans - Star Lotulelei DT Utah

11. Chargers - Chance Warmack OG Alabama

12. Dolphins - Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.

13. Jets - Tavon Austin WR West VA

14. Panthers - Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri

15. Saints - Kenny Vaccaro S Texas

16. Rams - Jonathan Cooper G North Carolina

17. Steelers - Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame

18. Cowboys - DJ Fluker OT Alabama

19. Giants - Desmond Trufant CB Washington

20. Bears - Alec Ogletree LB Georgia

21. Bengals - Eric Reid S LSU

22. Rams - Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee

23. Vikings - Bjoern Werner DE Florida St.

24. Colts - Tank Carradine DE Florida St.

25. Vikings - DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

26. Packers - Menelik Watson OT Florida St.

27. Texans - Justin Hunter WR Tennessee

28. Broncos - Datone Jones DE UCLA

29. Patriots - Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina

30. Falcons - Jamar Taylor CB Boise St.

31. 49ers - Jonathan Cyprien S Florida International

32. Ravens - Matt Elam S Florida

Bleedin's Mock Draft

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel OT/Texas A&M X

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Shariff Floyd DT/Florida X

3. Oakland Raiders - Bjoern Werner DE/Florida State X

4. Philadelphia Eaglets - Eric Fisher OT/Central Michigan X

5. Detroit Lions - Ezekial Ansah DE/BYU +++

6. Cleveland Browns - Dee Milliner CB/Alabama X

7. Arizona Cardinals - Chance Warmack OG/Alabama X

8. Buffalo Bills - Ryan Nassib QB/Syracuse X

9. New York Jets - Star Lotulelei DT/Utah X

10. Tennessee Titans - Lane Johnson OT/Oklahoma X

11. San Diego Chargers - Jarvis Jones OLB/Georgia X

12. Miami Dolphins - Xavier Rhodes CB/Florida State X

13. New York Jets - Desmond Trufant CB/Washington X

14. Carolina Panthers - Cordarrelle Patterson WR/Tennessee X

15. New Orleans Saints - Barkevious Mingo OLB/LSU X

16. St. Louis Rams - Tavon Austin WR/West Virginia X

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Dion Jordan OLB/Oregon X

18. Dallas Cowboys - Jonathan Cooper OG/North Carolina

19. New York Giants - Tyler Eifert TE/Notre Dame (this will piss off the Falcons who have their heart set on getting Eifert)

20. Chicago Bears - Datone Jones, DE/UCLA

21. Cincinnati Bengals - D.J. Fluker OT/Alabama X

22. St. Louis Rams - Kenny Vaccaro S/Texas

23. Minnesota Vikings - Keenan Allen WR/California

24. Indianapolis Colts - Manti Te'o ILB/Notre Dame

25. Minnesota Vikings - Sheldon Richardson DT/Missouri X

26. Green Bay Packers - Matt Elam SS/Florida

27. Houston Texans - Arthur Brown LB/Kansas State

28. Denver Broncos - Johnathan Cyprien SS/Florida International

29. New England Patriots - Marcus Wheaton WR/Oregon State

30. Atlanta Falcons - Zach Ertz TE/Stanford

31. San Francisco 49ers - Robert Woods WR/USC

32. Baltimore Ravens - Kevin Minter ILB/LSU

I would be shocked and ticked off if the Giants pick a TE or a CB in this draft... although my trust in the NYG front office means my anger would dissipate 10 minutes later.

I'm leaning.. Defese LB in Olgertree (assuming he's there of course) and then DT then OL.

I would be shocked and ticked off if the Giants pick a TE or a CB in this draft... although my trust in the NYG front office means my anger would dissipate 10 minutes later.

I'm leaning.. Defese LB in Olgertree (assuming he's there of course) and then DT then OL.

Yeah, me too , I am not a huge fan of Trufant to begin with, watching ESPN, McShay has us taking Hayden a CB from Houston, I would.be so unbelievable pissed off if either one of those were our picks. Sorry Dub, not knocking anything and I know corner is a need, in this draft, I just think the 20th ranked CB prospect, is rated pretty close to the 2nd ranked prospect and McShay also has Ogletree to Chicago, if we passed on Alec Ogletree for a CB, one:would need a new TV, two be in jail for going to Radio City and threatening Reese's life.

Round 1:

1. KC - Luke Joeckel OT

2. JAX - Dion Jordan LB

3. OAK - Star Lotuleli DT

4. PHI - Eric Fisher OT

5. DET - Ezekiel Ansah DE

6. CLE - Dee Milliner CB

7. ARI - Lane Johnson OT

8. BUF - Ryan Nassib QB

9. NYJ - Geno Smith QB

10. TEN - Kenny Vaccaro S

11. SD - D.J. Fluker OT

12. MIA - Xavier Rhodes CB

13. NYJ - Barkevious Mingo LB

14. CAR - Sharriff Floyd DT

15. NO - Sheldon Richardson DT

16. STL - Tavon Austin WR

17. PIT - Jarvis Jones LB

18. DAL - Chance Warmack OG

19. NYG - Tank Carradine DE

20. CHI - Johnathan Cooper OG

21. CIN - Jonathan Cyprien S

22. STL - Arthur Brown LB

23. MIN - Cordarrelle Patterson WR

24. IND - Datone Jones DE

25. MIN - Manti Te'o LB

26. GB - Eddie Lacy RB

27. HOU - Justin Hunter WR

28. DEN - Damontre Moore DE

29. NE - DeAndre Hopkins WR

30. ATL - Bjeorn Werner DE

31. SF - Jesse Williams DT

32. BAL - Keenan Allen WR

Bleedin's Mock Draft

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel OT/Texas A&M

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Shariff Floyd DT/Florida

3. Oakland Raiders - Bjoern Werner DE/Florida State

4. Philadelphia Eaglets - Eric Fisher OT/Central Michigan

5. Detroit Lions - Ezekial Ansah DE/BYU

6. Cleveland Browns - Dee Milliner CB/Alabama

7. Arizona Cardinals - Chance Warmack OG/Alabama

8. Buffalo Bills - Geno Smith QB/West Virginia

9. New York Jets - Star Lotulelei DT/Utah

10. Tennessee Titans - Lane Johnson OT/Oklahoma

11. San Diego Chargers - Jarvis Jones OLB/Georgia

12. Miami Dolphins - Xavier Rhodes CB/Florida State

13. New York Jets - Desmond Trufant CB/Washington

14. Carolina Panthers - Cordarrelle Patterson WR/Tennessee

15. New Orleans Saints - Barkevious Mingo OLB/LSU

16. St. Louis Rams - Tavon Austin WR/West Virginia

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Dion Jordan OLB/Oregon

18. Dallas Cowboys - Jonathan Cooper OG/North Carolina

19. New York Giants - Tyler Eifert TE/Notre Dame (this will piss off the Falcons who have their heart set on getting Eifert)

20. Chicago Bears - Datone Jones, DE/UCLA

21. Cincinnati Bengals - D.J. Fluker OT/Alabama

22. St. Louis Rams - Kenny Vaccaro S/Texas

23. Minnesota Vikings - Keenan Allen WR/California

24. Indianapolis Colts - Manti Te'o ILB/Notre Dame

25. Minnesota Vikings - Sheldon Richardson DT/Missouri

26. Green Bay Packers - Matt Elam SS/Florida

27. Houston Texans - Arthur Brown LB/Kansas State

28. Denver Broncos - Johnathan Cyprien SS/Florida International

29. New England Patriots - Johnathan Hankins DT/Ohio State

30. Atlanta Falcons - Zach Ertz TE/Stanford

31. San Francisco 49ers - Robert Woods WR/USC

32. Baltimore Ravens - Kevin Minter ILB/LSU

Yeah, it's Eifert and Ertz, besides that, the TE's really suck in this draft

Yeah, it's Eifert and Ertz, besides that, the TE's really suck in this draft

I think there's some talent out there besides these two, but Eifert is clearly the cream of the crop and maybe the best TE to come out of college in several years. Ertz is going to be good, but he's not in the class with Eifert.

I know people are knocking me for thinking we might go with Eifert, but I would absolutely love to see him put on the blue. He is an instant game changer and will disrupt and cause matchup problems for opposing defenses. Adding a legitimate threat across the middle forces linebackers away from Cruz or Randle. We already have one of the best receiving corps in the league and a big time threat for short yardage really forces the opposition to free up others. Besides....in the last three years the Giants have lost Boss, Ballard, and now Bennett. Don't know much about Myers coming in, but he's only 6'3", a 6th round pick in 2009, and has a total of 4 TD's in 4 years.....which doesn't thrill me. And I doubt he's a blocking machine at that size (but I could be wrong). Truth is, our only real proven TE is Bear Pascoe - who I like a lot, but he's not a game changer. Eifert not only is a huge threat as a receiver, but has proven himself to be an excellent blocker and would be an immediate help to our offensive line dealing with the quick DE's that juke, spin, and get around less agile linemen. Had he come out last year (in his sophomore year) he would've been a 1st rd pick. And besides, every coach on the team has had a chance to get a stud, but poor Pope (arguably the best TE coach in the NFL) has done magic with throw offs. Doesn't he deserve just once to have a stud given to him???

It's not like me to wish for an offensive player in the first round, but I don't see a game changing defensive player falling to us with the exception of Ogletree and he scares me to death with his attitude and track record of drugs, guns, and various other arrests. Werner might also be a game changer, but there'll be a run on DE's after the first one is taken leaving second tier scraps for the Giants to pick from. Vaccaro would be a nice pickup, but I think he'd have a hard time playing ahead of Stevie Brown, Will Hill and even Sash.

IMO, the only open spot for a newbie to step right in and be a starter is at TE. Every other position on the team is already claimed by a starter and our high priced first rounder will be on the bench waiting his turn. And I love stocking up on offensive linemen, but in almost every case, they are 2 or 3 years away from being NFL ready. Some of the best OL-men in history are late round picks or UDFA's. It's the coaches job to get the line working as a single unit...and that takes time....even with players who excelled in college. I don't believe I've ever seen a team turnaround because they drafted an offensive lineman with a first round pick. I still can't get over OT Robert Gallery being taken right after Eli Manning in the 2004 draft....ahead of Larry Fitzgerald, Sean Taylor, Rothlesberger, DeAngelo Hall, etc. I was one of the fools on the sideline all upset because I wanted Gallery so bad, and instead drafted Rivers. Gallery was touted as "can't miss", "a league of his own", "a franchise left tackle", "once in a decade player", etc. However, in the NFL, he couldn't protect the QB and was moved to guard where he was average. After sputtering around and retiring, New England picked him up for league minimum...when that historic draft was all said and done, we ended up with Eli and the great Gallery made zero difference on Oakland's team who never panned out other than becoming filthy rich (making 8 million a year with guaranteed 50+ million) and putting Oakland behind the 8-ball for three years. I am forever leary of burning first round picks on the O-line. The college game is nothing like the NFL and it shows up more than ever on the o-line.

I've changed a few picks on my original posting so bear with me. Killa got it right by putting Nassib in as Buffalo's pick. I should have caught that myself as I live close to Syracuse and it's the team I root for and Nassib and coach Marrone have a very close relationship.

For those who don't know...the Buffalo Bills chose Syracuse's Doug Marrone as their new head coach. Marrone immediately brought more than half the Syracuse coaches with him. And Marrone has been enamored with Nassib for the last 3 years while coaching Syracuse. Nassib's only real problem was that Syracuse rarely had 5-star recruits to work with (probably not had one in 15 years) and built teams around 2-star players and many unheard of players...so Nassib was limited with his options. And still put up good numbers.

No doubt in my mind that Buffalo will snatch Nassib off the board. They know he'll be gone by the second round and they want him on the team and QB is a need position for them.

I think there's some talent out there besides these two, but Eifert is clearly the cream of the crop and maybe the best TE to come out of college in several years. Ertz is going to be good, but he's not in the class with Eifert.

I know people are knocking me for thinking we might go with Eifert, but I would absolutely love to see him put on the blue. He is an instant game changer and will disrupt and cause matchup problems for opposing defenses. Adding a legitimate threat across the middle forces linebackers away from Cruz or Randle. We already have one of the best receiving corps in the league and a big time threat for short yardage really forces the opposition to free up others. Besides....in the last three years the Giants have lost Boss, Ballard, and now Bennett. Don't know much about Myers coming in, but he's only 6'3", a 6th round pick in 2009, and has a total of 4 TD's in 4 years.....which doesn't thrill me. And I doubt he's a blocking machine at that size (but I could be wrong). Truth is, our only real proven TE is Bear Pascoe - who I like a lot, but he's not a game changer. Eifert not only is a huge threat as a receiver, but has proven himself to be an excellent blocker and would be an immediate help to our offensive line dealing with the quick DE's that juke, spin, and get around less agile linemen. Had he come out last year (in his sophomore year) he would've been a 1st rd pick. And besides, every coach on the team has had a chance to get a stud, but poor Pope (arguably the best TE coach in the NFL) has done magic with throw offs. Doesn't he deserve just once to have a stud given to him???

It's not like me to wish for an offensive player in the first round, but I don't see a game changing defensive player falling to us with the exception of Ogletree and he scares me to death with his attitude and track record of drugs, guns, and various other arrests. Werner might also be a game changer, but there'll be a run on DE's after the first one is taken leaving second tier scraps for the Giants to pick from. Vaccaro would be a nice pickup, but I think he'd have a hard time playing ahead of Stevie Brown, Will Hill and even Sash.

IMO, the only open spot for a newbie to step right in and be a starter is at TE. Every other position on the team is already claimed by a starter and our high priced first rounder will be on the bench waiting his turn. And I love stocking up on offensive linemen, but in almost every case, they are 2 or 3 years away from being NFL ready. Some of the best OL-men in history are late round picks or UDFA's. It's the coaches job to get the line working as a single unit...and that takes time....even with players who excelled in college. I don't believe I've ever seen a team turnaround because they drafted an offensive lineman with a first round pick. I still can't get over OT Robert Gallery being taken right after Eli Manning in the 2004 draft....ahead of Larry Fitzgerald, Sean Taylor, Rothlesberger, DeAngelo Hall, etc. I was one of the fools on the sideline all upset because I wanted Gallery so bad, and instead drafted Rivers. Gallery was touted as "can't miss", "a league of his own", "a franchise left tackle", "once in a decade player", etc. However, in the NFL, he couldn't protect the QB and was moved to guard where he was average. After sputtering around and retiring, New England picked him up for league minimum...when that historic draft was all said and done, we ended up with Eli and the great Gallery made zero difference on Oakland's team who never panned out other than becoming filthy rich (making 8 million a year with guaranteed 50+ million) and putting Oakland behind the 8-ball for three years. I am forever leary of burning first round picks on the O-line. The college game is nothing like the NFL and it shows up more than ever on the o-line.

I like Eifert, I have him going twelve. Myers will start and is agood receiving threat, but I am a but concerned, has he graded out the worst blocking TE in the leagueand is not great in the red zone

I've changed a few picks on my original posting so bear with me. Killa got it right by putting Nassib in as Buffalo's pick. I should have caught that myself as I live close to Syracuse and it's the team I root for and Nassib and coach Marrone have a very close relationship.

For those who don't know...the Buffalo Bills chose Syracuse's Doug Marrone as their new head coach. Marrone immediately brought more than half the Syracuse coaches with him. And Marrone has been enamored with Nassib for the last 3 years while coaching Syracuse. Nassib's only real problem was that Syracuse rarely had 5-star recruits to work with (probably not had one in 15 years) and built teams around 2-star players and many unheard of players...so Nassib was limited with his options. And still put up good numbers.

No doubt in my mind that Buffalo will snatch Nassib off the board. They know he'll be gone by the second round and they want him on the team and QB is a need position for them.

I'm a biased Cuse fan but I feel like Nassib is a 2nd rounder. I hope the Bills draft him though.