SportsWrath

Cruz WILL Be a Giant, Probably For Life!

Gman329

i think he signs his tender after training camp and why not? it worked for wallace and that guy is basically adam dunn in football pads

I tell you this.. if this was to happen and I doubt Cruz is stupid as not to sign what the Giants have for him on the table (probably sweetened up a little to save face) because if he is stupid enough to do what you're suggesting, he's risking going the Steve Smith route... and most importantly the Giants will give him the Revis treatment... as in.. no slot Receiver is worth that much.

i agree, it's not smart at all. i guess it's easier for us to sit here and say this but it just seems unwise to take this much of a chance when you aren't even a millionaire yet

Exactly my point. And Cruz although seem to have gotten a little bit big headed (he's human afterall), doesn't strike me as that kind of guy... he knows being a hometown darling has huge benefits.

I don't think he's gotten big headed at all, just wise to the ways of doing business in the NFL. As I've been saying, he hopes the Giants will make one more offer, slightly sweetened (the face saving money you suggest) and that's when he signs, having maxed out what he can get without holding out, thus preserving his good guy image. Now if he holds out at the beginning of training camp, still looking for $10M, I'll eat my words but I think Cruz has played this very smartly so far.

• 2 weeks later...