SportsWrath

Giants sign Jai Lewis (George Mason -Foward)

Guest Lockhart

Guest Lockhart

This is great and the kid is a very hard worker. At 6'7", he could be another Antonio Gates - let that headcase Shockey stay in Miami - this kid will show up and work with the Giants.

LewisNewGiantTE

Giants agree to terms with basketball player Lewis

5/1/2006, 11:44 a.m. ET

The Associated Press

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — The New York Giants said Monday they have agreed to terms with rookie free agent Jai Lewis, who has not played organized football since high school but who played forward on the George Mason University basketball team that reached the Final Four this spring.

Lewis, who is listed at 6-foot-7, 275 pounds, is projected by NFL scouts as a defensive lineman or tight end. He played defensive tackle, tight end and fullback in high school. At George Mason, he helped the Patriots reach the Final Four, where they lost 73-58 to Florida.

Lewis scored 20 points in George Mason's 86-84 upset win over Connecticut in the regional final.

The Giants did not immediately disclose the terms of the deal. The team planned to hold a teleconference later in the day.

Guest Floyd The Barber
So you're agreeing with me, even though you said he came in fat last year? Caught in a another lie, and owned again. Thanks for coming out kid. :clap:

this is getting better and better, not only do we draft nobody guys, from nobody programs, but now we are signing FA that play other sports in hopes that they can become football players !!!

hahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha, this org. is a complete joke !!! :LMAO::LMAO:

this is getting better and better, not only do we draft nobody guys, from nobody programs, but now we are signing FA that play other sports in hopes that they can become football players !!!

hahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha, this org. is a complete joke !!! :LMAO::LMAO:

You are free to go root for, I mean abuse, any other organization any time you wish. No one here would miss you or the rest of the Rainbow Warriors. Leave now and beat the rush.

But that goes against everything Lockhart just said. :o

The Fab 4 are turning on each other!!!!!!

Guest Lockhart

I wonder if Shockey even knows the draft has occurred - I've heard he and Plaxico have been on a two week bender - never sober.

This is great and the kid is a very hard worker. At 6'7", he could be another Antonio Gates - let that headcase Shockey stay in Miami - this kid will show up and work with the Giants.

LewisNewGiantTE

That kid is tough. This is a very interesting signing and I like the idea. Hey, You never know unless you try. :clap:

I'm going to really root for him to make the team.

Guest Lockhart

It is a sign of a GM panicking - I think even the Giant FO knows how bad this offseason is perceived.

It is a sign of a GM panicking - I think even the Giant FO knows how bad this offseason is perceived.

Actually the Giants have had as good a year in this offseason than any other that I can remember. I really like the approach that they have taken and I have very high ambitions for next season. The only position that I'm worried about is DT and I'm still a little worried about the secondary, but that'll go away if Webster shows me something in the preseason. He is still a big ? right now.

Guest Carbo

It seems the Giants know what they have in Manning. So a few 7' receivers running around on passing plays might help his completion percentage go from 36% or whatever the hell it was, to a more respectable number. Now if they can only get hold of Manute Bol. . .

Guest Lockhart
Actually the Giants have had as good a year in this offseason than any other that I can remember. I really like the approach that they have taken and I have very high ambitions for next season. The only position that I'm worried about is DT and I'm still a little worried about the secondary, but that'll go away if Webster shows me something in the preseason. He is still a big ? right now.

Yeah, great offseason - it isn't every offseason you draft a tackle named pussy, Wimp, or whatever his name is - he should strike fear into the opponent.

Because I'm sure the Chargers are regretting signing a b-ball player.

when i was in high school giants players would come each year and play the coaches in a charity basketball game back in the early 90's. pepper, banks, ingrim, hampton all played. Imagine if the giants back then had a d1 bb player on the team?