SportsWrath

Marshall and Cutler

Bigblue25

The hold out by Smith is the more puzzling. I highly doubt any team wants Smith more than the 49ers. After him holding out I would have went after Peyton out of spite. Smith is an idiot if he thinks any team will offer him more than the 49ers.

They were very close to signing until the Jets gave Sanchez 40 mill. He'll still sign but the ante has been upped.

They were very close to signing until the Jets gave Sanchez 40 mill. He'll still sign but the ante has been upped.

Yeah, it's a business game but I don't get how Smith thinks he has better options. He can hold out all he wants but I am sure his only option is the 49ers. As soon as the contract was offered he should have just signed. He runs the risk of the 49ers getting tired of his game. Without Davis he'd be turrible. The guy can barely throw the ball in tight coverage to a WR. In the championship game he had like 2 passes to WRs. How much can a game manager QB cost? :confused: The D wins the games and he just has to make sure he doesn't fuck up.

Yeah, it's a business game but I don't get how Smith thinks he has better options. He can hold out all he wants but I am sure his only option is the 49ers. As soon as the contract was offered he should have just signed. He runs the risk of the 49ers getting tired of his game. Without Davis he'd be turrible. The guy can barely throw the ball in tight coverage to a WR. In the championship game he had like 2 passes to WRs. How much can a game manager QB cost? :confused: The D wins the games and he just has to make sure he doesn't fuck up.

I agree that he hasn't shown much except he's a good manager and doesn't turn over the ball. In fairness, he did not have receivers to stretch the field. He also kicked our ass in November and was equal to Eli on that day. I would say he has options if you look at teams with really piss poor QB's who don't have high draft picks. Whoever loses the Manning bowl, for instance.

I agree that he hasn't shown much except he's a good manager and doesn't turn over the ball. In fairness, he did not have receivers to stretch the field. He also kicked our ass in November and was equal to Eli on that day. I would say he has options if you look at teams with really piss poor QB's who don't have high draft picks. Whoever loses the Manning bowl, for instance.

Michael Crabtree? What ever happened to that guy?