SportsWrath

The extra week

jranieli

I was talking to one of my friends yesterday. He is also a Giants fan and is really worried about the Super Bowl. I kind of agreed. We were talking about how this week off can have put an end to the Giants momentum going into the Super Bowl. Yes, the extra week off is nice to rest some injured players but this team was on a roll. I guess it's the same with the Pats but they already had a Bye week. If it wasn't for the week off, I believe this team could have steam rolled the Pats but not so sure now. I hope Tom has this team prepared.

I understand the momentum argument. Green Bay was rusty...we beat them when they were clearly off their standard. Please don't take this as the Giants not earning that win. They did...but GB helped.

I think after the tough game against SF, we were physically beat up a bit and it did our whole team, not just Eli, a lot of good to get some relaxation. That, and the fact that most of the guys haven't been through SB week before. So I really think that the extra day or two to just get your head right and learn what to expect. Outlining what to do when, knowing what's coming, and not being surprised or shocked by the hugeness of it all...I think is almost as important as the gameplanning preparation.

I understand the momentum argument. Green Bay was rusty...we beat them when they were clearly off their standard. Please don't take this as the Giants not earning that win. They did...but GB helped.

I think after the tough game against SF, we were physically beat up a bit and it did our whole team, not just Eli, a lot of good to get some relaxation. That, and the fact that most of the guys haven't been through SB week before. So I really think that the extra day or two to just get your head right and learn what to expect. Outlining what to do when, knowing what's coming, and not being surprised or shocked by the hugeness of it all...I think is almost as important as the gameplanning preparation.

Yeah you're right Kareem Mckenzie was a rape victim during that game.