SportsWrath

With the Draft Upon us Let Me Spell it Out !

Martin

For those who were thinking WR or RB or OT in the first three rounds

go to the water cooler get a drink and take a deep breath cause

it aint happening!!

Why? because George Young's spirit is upon us

DEFENSE !!!!!!! :rock:

you wanna win a championship?

there's really nothin else to say.

But if you'd like to comment be my guest its a free country except

if your on giants.com then you must conform to the Nazi's and there ways.

:TU:

Defense is definitely the side of the ball were the most attention will be but we cant overlook positions on the offensive side of the ball. I wouldnt rule out us drafting an OT with in the first 3 rounds, a WR might sneek up in there as well. Although the majority of the picks will be defense, there might be a few positions on offense like WR and OT that will get attention at some point during the draft. Dont be surprised if we go in those directions early. Im well aware of our needs of a DT, LB, CB, and possible S but im also aware of the depth in the draft at WR and OT compared to the depth at those positions. Keeping in mind you draft players not positions, BPA will always be a factor.

The safety position seems solid and its backups !

Madison should be good but webster is a question mark

just like deloatch is. Peterson may never come back.

Jason Bell and RW nothing great but serviceable.

Draft a CB

--------------------

Arrington may work out fine but

if he doesnt then what.

Emmons is breaking down like and old car

Tobor is still learning the position

Blackburn is backup

Draft a LB or 2

-----------------------

DT

what can i say we have 3 of them

one didnt want to get in shape (robbins)

One is inconsistant Joesph

the other is developing Duckett

draft a DT

Now as hound did mention OT shouldnt be over looked

and thats a valid point but our major weak link is in the

D right now. Maybe we can draft lukes replace next year.

I don't agree entirely with you Martin. We have several weak links on the offensive side too. If for example Barber or Plax went down our whole O-unit would fall with them. Behind Plax and Toomer there are just Carter and Taylor. I'm also not really sold on Jacobs handling the business in case of an emergency.

Guest Nutty Sack
I don't agree entirely with you Martin. We have several weak links on the offensive side too. If for example Barber or Plax went down our whole O-unit would fall with them. Behind Plax and Toomer there are just Carter and Taylor. I'm also not really sold on Jacobs handling the business in case of an emergency.

An astute football person knows that if you want the formula to win in the NFL then dominate on defense.......Martin is absolutely right. To think of drafting anyone in the first 4 rounds other then defensemen is insane.

Beside all you people who say we have a franchise QB and the greatest tight end in the world, isn't that enough. Give me an offense that can score twice and kick a field goal with a shut down defense and I'll be thrilled to deaath.

An astute football person knows that if you want the formula to win in the NFL then dominate on defense.......Martin is absolutely right. To think of drafting anyone in the first 4 rounds other then defensemen is insane.

Beside all you people who say we have a franchise QB and the greatest tight end in the world, isn't that enough. Give me an offense that can score twice and kick a field goal with a shut down defense and I'll be thrilled to deaath.

Like the 86 and 93 Giants used to.

i was thinking the same thing!

The giants dont need to score lots of points if the

D is dominating. 2 td's and FG should be plenty if the D is

a real Giants D. the pressure will be off of Eli.

lets hope EA will continue his Defensive path!

its the road to a championship.

:rock:

Guest Nutty Sack

Listen....any offensive player selected in the 25th pick and beyond will not have an immediate positive impact this season for the Giants. We lack depth on defense. Football games are won by defenses that stop the opponent from scoring concsistantly throughtout the season as pointed out in 1986 and 1990. That's Giant football.........that is our greatest need. First four rounds all defensemen. We don't need no 5 foot 8 WR who will either be sitting on the bench or on the trainers table with a hamstring pull.

The sooner the masses understand this the better we all will be.

Listen....any offensive player selected in the 25th pick and beyond will not have an immediate positive impact this season for the Giants. We lack depth on defense. Football games are won by defenses that stop the opponent from scoring concsistantly throughtout the season as pointed out in 1986 and 1990. That's Giant football.........that is our greatest need. First four rounds all defensemen. We don't need no 5 foot 8 WR who will either be sitting on the bench or on the trainers table with a hamstring pull.

The sooner the masses understand this the better we all will be.

YEs !! the only offensive position worth mentioning would

be OT. now if a player with alot of talent were available

for OT at say round 2 or 3 than maybe you have to pull

the trigger and i say this reluctantly but I would understand

the reasoning behind this otherwise taking at least 3 D players

in the first 4 rounds is vital.

Guest Nutty Sack

I yearn for the days as exihibited by our Giants team of the 80's where you could sit back and watch the defense maul the oppositions offense regularly while they would eak out a field goal or so. Those games were so enjoyable to watch as a fan......heck I couldn't wait until the Giant defense got back on the field after the offense went three and out.

You win with defense......wake up everybody !!~!!

I yearn for the days as exihibited by our Giants team of the 80's where you could sit back and watch the defense maul the oppositions offense regularly while they would eak out a field goal or so. Those games were so enjoyable to watch as a fan......heck I couldn't wait until the Giant defense got back on the field after the offense went three and out.

You win with defense......wake up everybody !!~!!

that exactly the issue except we have and offensive today that

can score some points. We just need to tighten this D and

all we fall into place! the team is very close in my opinion.

a couple more players on D and where there!

I agree with you. If we can have a dominating Defense like the bears had this past season we can go very far into the playoffs. We have a much better offense as is, but depth a WR is a concern. RB i think our depth is fine and I would rather stick ward/jacobs in there than an even more unproven rookie.