SportsWrath

Some interesting facts from Sunday

Treehugger

- The Giants have now won four straight and five of their last six games immediately after bye weeks.

- With Tuck and Umenyiora both healthy, everyone figured Jason Pierre-Paul was headed back to the bench. Instead, Pierre-Paul was the only one of the three who actually started. The Giants opened with a five-man defensive line - Pierre-Paul, DE Dave Tollefson, DT Rocky Bernard, DT Linval Joseph, and DT Chris Canty.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/hakeem-nicks-hurt-ny-giants-win-miami-dolphins-article-1.969697#ixzz1cODZFOPg

- The Giants have now won four straight and five of their last six games immediately after bye weeks.

- With Tuck and Umenyiora both healthy, everyone figured Jason Pierre-Paul was headed back to the bench. Instead, Pierre-Paul was the only one of the three who actually started. The Giants opened with a five-man defensive line - Pierre-Paul, DE Dave Tollefson, DT Rocky Bernard, DT Linval Joseph, and DT Chris Canty.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/hakeem-nicks-hurt-ny-giants-win-miami-dolphins-article-1.969697#ixzz1cODZFOPg

That is interesting....I didn't notice 5 guys on the line unless Kiwi was sneaking up for a blitz. In fact, sometimes I thought there was only 3 on the line, but then I could see the 4th spread out wide and a step back.

It would seem if they had all 5 of those guys on the line, it would create a terrible problem for the offensive line.

Another interesting stat is that the Giants under Coughlin always start the season 5-2 (although the superbowl year he was 6-1 (I believe)). Man we should've won that Seattle game! :furious:

Anyway....what I'm taking from the Giants thus far is that we have quite a potent offense and if Eli could play like it was the last minute of the half or the game for the whole game, we'd routinely rack up 60 points.

Defense......great players.....out of sync though with bad play calls by Fewell.

That is interesting....I didn't notice 5 guys on the line unless Kiwi was sneaking up for a blitz. In fact, sometimes I thought there was only 3 on the line, but then I could see the 4th spread out wide and a step back.

It would seem if they had all 5 of those guys on the line, it would create a terrible problem for the offensive line.

Another interesting stat is that the Giants under Coughlin always start the season 5-2 (although the superbowl year he was 6-1 (I believe)). Man we should've won that Seattle game! :furious:

Anyway....what I'm taking from the Giants thus far is that we have quite a potent offense and if Eli could play like it was the last minute of the half or the game for the whole game, we'd routinely rack up 60 points.

Defense......great players.....out of sync though with bad play calls by Fewell.

if memory serves me correctly it was the year dickface shot himself in the leg... 2008.

We were 5-2 that year too; dropped the first two games after giving up 80 points to Spag's D before it clicked.

Dude I still remember doing about 90 down rt. 23 omw home from work the day of the NFC Championship game to see the start of the game. I started a thread on here after the regular season finale saying I wanted a rematch with the Pats and they beat San Diego in the AFCCG. I was so amped... And don't get me started on SB42. That whole day was crazy. 07 was such a magical season. Strahan playing hurt, losing Kiwi and Shockey for the season, giving up 80 points to Dallas and GB the first 2 weeks of the season and stomping them both in the playoffs, the rush of excitement when Tynes' fg split the uprights in GB, and literally tears of joy when the clock hit 0:00 in Arizona. Damn I want that feeling again.

Hollywood can't write a better script than that. The team was on its way again in 08 too. I never had more confidence in a Giants team. I KNEW they were better than who they were playing on a given week. It really makes you appreciate how much of a fucking jerkoff Plaxico was for doing that.

Guest JAKKSTROUD

Its been a while since Coughlin finished 14-2.........I'd love to see that, and do not consider it impossible with this passing game and DLine.

Wasnt that his record at Jacksonville the year he sent Marino and Shula in to retirement with a 62-7 thrashing? They will hate Tom forever......he was calling for long passes when the Jags were up by 50.