SportsWrath

Upon further review, fuck Mike Martz

JMFP

Was reading the Tribune today, and you have to wonder what the fuck was going through Mike Martz's head.

Locked into a #2 seed, but with a team playing to beat Green Bay. Backed up by a defense that is completely shutting down Green Bay.

So, with that, Martz abandons the running game that helped the Bears reel off win after win, and goes into a fucking time machine to September. During the 2nd half, he called 11 consecutive pass plays.

Result: Cutler is hung out to dry again......he was sacked and dumped so many times, I'm surprised he didn't get injured.

Bottom line: Martz regressed to his "clean the QB's clock" schemes, and the Packers won. :ranting2:

fuck that whole team i hope green bay rapes them in the playoffs.

pathetic effort

The effort was there....I watched the game. Cutler got hammered, but kept coming back. The defense played with alot of intensity. I was pretty impressed.

But Martz did really fuck this one up. Everyone is on his ass about the gameplan. No reason to abandon a running game that got you into the playoffs....especially when the last thing you can afford is an injury to Cutler.

A perfect example: Bears get an INT, and are inside the 30....they are up 3-0. Martz dials up pass plays.....Cutler gets sacked, out of FG range....then forces a throw that gets picked off.

i watched too and i should've clarified that i was talking about the gameplan. and yes that drive in particular was particuarly frustrating--especially since it came off a turnover in the green bay redzone

i watched too and i should've clarified that i was talking about the gameplan. and yes that drive in particular was particuarly frustrating--especially since it came off a turnover in the green bay redzone

Agreed....like you said, the gameplan sucked....just fucking stupid, considering their QB is actually pretty damn good....exposing him to a withering pass rush was just absurd.

If the Bears had gone heavy on the run, with max protect on the pass, they might have won that game.

it's just weird cuz they passed so much but they didnt try a lot of long passes tilt heyw ere in the end zone. ust a lot of checkdowns to forte and some short throws to olsen for most of the game

either keep the starters in and try to actually win the game or rest everyone and just run the ball with chester taylor and hope there aren't any injuries.

just a really strange plan.