SportsWrath

Cowboys Go With Garrett

Gman329

Just heard on Sirius NFL Radio (sorry, no link) the Cowboys have signed Jason Garrett as Head Coach. That's a relief - I was hearing Jeff Fisher's name coming up and he would have been good for them. Thank God Jerry still makes the decisions in Big D!

Just heard on Sirius NFL Radio (sorry, no link) the Cowboys have signed Jason Garrett as Head Coach. That's a relief - I was hearing Jeff Fisher's name coming up and he would have been good for them. Thank God Jerry still makes the decisions in Big D!

Yeah, NFL Network said the same thing, but then ESPN's Sunday Countdown said Dallas still had to follow the Rooney Rule.

Yeah, NFL Network said the same thing, but then ESPN's Sunday Countdown said Dallas still had to follow the Rooney Rule.

That's such a lot of bullshit. So now they have to waste some black guy's time before they can officially hire Garrett? If they're hiring from within and not conducting interviews with outside candidates the Rooney Rule shouldn't apply.

That's such a lot of bullshit. So now they have to waste some black guy's time before they can officially hire Garrett? If they're hiring from within and not conducting interviews with outside candidates the Rooney Rule shouldn't apply.

Exactly. Did the 49ers have to interview a white guy before they "officially" hired Singletary?

I agree completely. Also, wouldn't Dallas have complied when they originally interviewed Garrett for the HC job, then flip flopped?

Exactly. Did the 49ers have to interview a white guy before they "officially" hired Singletary?

Ah, it doesn't work that way. They would still have to interview 2 other minorities.

I would love to have Singletary

The most passionate man in the NFL as a Player and the most Passionate HC since Vermeil and Lombardi

I'd take Mike as HC in a NY minute.........the FNNNNNNNNNNN Fumbling would stop IMMEDIATELY or their asses would ride the pine

As for Jason Garrett be careful what you wish for he has done a tremendous job with a team that had no playoff chances at all

contrast that with our team which controlled its own destiny and was coached to fold like a cheap suit :furious:

I would love to have Singletary

The most passionate man in the NFL as a Player and the most Passionate HC since Vermeil and Lombardi

I'd take Mike as HC in a NY minute.........the FNNNNNNNNNNN Fumbling would stop IMMEDIATELY or their asses would ride the pine

As for Jason Garrett be careful what you wish for he has done a tremendous job with a team that had no playoff chances at all

contrast that with our team which controlled its own destiny and was coached to fold like a cheap suit :furious:

Singletary makes Coughlin looks like a teddy bear. I have a ton of respect for Singletary, but he expected his players to have his smarts, discipline, and pride....and in this free agent era, that's just not the case anymore. I think half the players in the NFL play well enough to hit their contract clauses, and couldn't give a shit about their team or their fans.

Singletary makes Coughlin looks like a teddy bear. I have a ton of respect for Singletary, but he expected his players to have his smarts, discipline, and pride....and in this free agent era, that's just not the case anymore. I think half the players in the NFL play well enough to hit their contract clauses, and couldn't give a shit about their team or their fans.

Singletary MAN'S UP

HE IS A MANS MAN :05-mafia: