SportsWrath

Jonathan Freakin Goff

fringe

ive always wanted to go to uncles on trivia night, i havent really been going there as often as i used to. trivia nights are fun, a year or so ago my team started like 4 questions late and still won down at bobbys place in endwell(great meatball pizza).

yeah uncle tony's we drank a couple one night, this was just after i turned 21, im now 27. wow.

Yeah, it's been 6 years since we met. I don't get down to State Street much anymore. The college kids have taken it over. And they're mostly from Long Island so they aren't all that friendly with the locals.

Trivia's fun, although we rarely win anymore. My team consists of 3 girls and 2 or 3 guys who tend to get wasted by the fourth question, plus the women love to visit so it's hard sometimes to get them to pay attention to the questions and think and they are most likely going to know some obscure teeny bopper song from the 80's. Plus, even though they say you can't use any electronic device (phone, ipad, etc.), some do use them and never get caught. At "My Uncle's Place", some of the teams weren't even hiding the fact they were using cell phones and google to get their answers. It takes away a lot of fun when that goes on. When a team gets all 25 or 30 questions right.....you know there's cheatin going on. Questions like, "what's the only animal that always gives birth to 4 offspring and they are always the same sex?" or "what is the symbol on the periodic table for Antimony ?" or "what's the capital of Bolivia?", etc., don't lend itself to getting every question right week after week.

Trivia night is fucking awesome, I used to go to one when I was in school at a bar in Clifton, NJ.

We came in 2nd twice, missing 1st place by a few points each time.

It's always a good time and we'd never take girls cause they just "gum up the works"

My good friend used to own a bar in Clifton, called the Delawanna Pub.

Just thought I'd mention that. :unsure:

My good friend used to own a bar in Clifton, called the Delawanna Pub.

Just thought I'd mention that. :unsure:

Clifton, NY?....I've probably been there while spending time in the Thousand Islands and staying in Alexandria Bay.

Clifton, NJ?.....nope! Been there a few times, but avoid the bars. It's a good way to get yourself killed if you're from out of town.

Clifton, NY?....I've probably been there while spending time in the Thousand Islands and staying in Alexandria Bay.

Clifton, NJ?.....nope! Been there a few times, but avoid the bars. It's a good way to get yourself killed if you're from out of town.

I'm living proof that this makes no sense.

Are you saying Clifton NJ ins predominantly black? :rimshot: