SportsWrath

Jonathan Freakin Goff

fringe

More impressed with this guy every week. Think he's growing into his position rapidly. He's got a motor that doesn't stop and he's always around the

ball. Fifth Round Draft Pick out of Vannderbilt. Not really Linebacker U. Some scout was doing his job.

I don't think Goff gets the credit he deserves with the name brand DL but he should.

More impressed with this guy every week. Think he's growing into his position rapidly. He's got a motor that doesn't stop and he's always around the

ball. Fifth Round Draft Pick out of Vannderbilt. Not really Linebacker U. Some scout was doing his job.

I don't think Goff gets the credit he deserves with the name brand DL but he should.

Couldn't agree more......Goff has been very steady, to say the least.

This position looked like glaring weakness after the draft. It says a lot that he's been able to man the position so well that nobody talks about the linebackers anymore (expect as a compliment).

Couldn't agree more......Goff has been very steady, to say the least.

This position looked like glaring weakness after the draft. It says a lot that he's been able to man the position so well that nobody talks about the linebackers anymore (expect as a compliment).

Yeah, I remember thinking that after the draft too... but everyone was also saying that our WRs would suck, and that we were stupid not to go after Braylon Edwards a year prior, and that turned out OK.

Reese really is a good GM.

I think we could use a SLB still, and definently some depth at the LB position. Goff has been great though, hes covering TE's alot better then he did last year and seems to be a good fit in Fewell's scheme

Agreed. We haven't seen much out of Sintim yet.

I'm not sold on Goff yet. He's done well but I need more than what I've seen to be convinced he's the future at the position.

What more do you need to see? He's played above the fans expectations, the Giants brought in Bullock to REPLACE Goff

this training camp and he just went "nah, fuck that shit" and his play forced Bullock back to OLB.

Goff is a real nice guy, humble and quiet...he used to date the Athletic Trainer at my college.

What more do you need to see? He's played above the fans expectations, the Giants brought in Bullock to REPLACE Goff

this training camp and he just went "nah, fuck that shit" and his play forced Bullock back to OLB.

Goff is a real nice guy, humble and quiet...he used to date the Athletic Trainer at my college.

You make valid points but I think Tempest maybe pointing out that we were having low expectations int he first place.

I think the most telling thing was already stated in this thread. LB, especially MLB, was viewed as a glaring weakness prior to the season. And now, it's not discussed at all. Whether that's a product of our QB pressure from the DLine and our quality secondary, or whether that's actually the play of the LB core is debatable. But, without a doubt, the LB core is holding their own. Might not be the strongest, most standout unit on the team or in the league, but they're competant at the very least. I still think that depth at LB is a huge issue.

This offseason, I think Offensive Line is #1, followed very closely by LB and backup QB. I don't look to Sorgi for anything. But, let's enjoy a winning season before we start planning the offseason.

Well if anything the pay of our LB unit and the team as a whole truly grants us the ability to draft best player available. I do think an emphasis on Oline should be made as they are not getting any younger. But I can't think of any glaring weakness on this team other than Special teams which is caused by a lack of quality depth... Or ST Coaching.

this guys it turning out to be a real stud...a definitely welcome surprise

def surprised with goff.

could we do better? sure. goff probably wont be a perennial pro-bowler. but we arent going to have all-pro's at every position.

hes been getting the job done and doing it well.

The addition of Andrews has really, really helped us out this year.

Jerry Reese can't get enough credit for this move.

I also like what I am seeing with Koets and if nothing else, Petrus was definitely eager when he got in late.

We are one strong free agent signing away from having a damn good line for the next 5 - 6 years.

P dare I ask who that creepy dude floating in teh clouds is?

I'm not sold on Goff yet. He's done well but I need more than what I've seen to be convinced he's the future at the position.

Yes there's room for improvement still but all the signs are there. He hustles and he doesn't quit. Yesterday, when 24 caught the interception in the end zone, Goff stopped in his tracks and immediately became a blocker.

Also, he chased down that fumbled kickoff. Good signs indeed.

I also like what I am seeing with Koets and if nothing else, Petrus was definitely eager when he got in late.

We are one strong free agent signing away from having a damn good line for the next 5 - 6 years.

im offended you had to ask.

neil fucking diamond.

I was laughing my ass off when he ran out there like an excited schoolgirl. Great moment.

I think the most telling thing was already stated in this thread. LB, especially MLB, was viewed as a glaring weakness prior to the season. And now, it's not discussed at all. Whether that's a product of our QB pressure from the DLine and our quality secondary, or whether that's actually the play of the LB core is debatable. But, without a doubt, the LB core is holding their own. Might not be the strongest, most standout unit on the team or in the league, but they're competant at the very least. I still think that depth at LB is a huge issue.

This offseason, I think Offensive Line is #1, followed very closely by LB and backup QB. I don't look to Sorgi for anything. But, let's enjoy a winning season before we start planning the offseason.

I dunno man, we better not be getting rid of Superstar Sage after actually giving up draft picks for him....I'd be pretty pissed....

Sweet Caroline makes me want to stick needles in my ears, or listen to cats having sex. Holy christ that is the worst song known to man.

You obviously haven't heard John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High" enough times to know the worst song known to man.

All the clubs are playing "Sweet Caroline" lately so the crowd can come in with their chant, "fuckin cunt". It's the new thing (at the clubs I go to anyway), sorta like the old, "Mony Mony" song where people chant, "get laid, get fucked".