SportsWrath

Boss unsure if he'll be playing next Sunday

Treehugger

Concussed Giants TE Boss unsure of status for Colts game

Giants tight end Kevin Boss, who suffered a concussion in the team's 31-18 season-opening win over the Panthers, told the Newark Star-Ledger that he's unsure of his status for Week 2.

Boss was hurt after being hit in the back of the neck by Panthers safety Sherrod Martin on the Giants' fourth play from scrimmage. Boss was on the ground when he was hit on the incomplete pass. He was taken off the field on a cart.

“It felt like somebody hit me in the back of the head with a bat,” Boss said. He never lost consciousness but told the Star-Ledger that he was “woozy for a second.”

Second-year pro Travis Beckum will fill in for Boss if he's unable to go for the Giants' game against the Colts next week on Sunday Night Football.

It's official: Eli Manning hates Kevin Boss.

He leaves him out to dry at least once per game.

Boss isn't alone. There was one or two the the WRs that could've gotten them killed if the defender was a little closer.

Boss is quite possibly the toughest SOB I've seen on the field in a long time, league-wide. That play when Shockey ran into the path of a guy and ran him over years ago made me think Shockey was tough and fun to watch. Shockey is a pussy compared to Boss.