SportsWrath

1st Annual Sportswrath.com Interactive Mock Draft

Money

way to do your research :TU:

Like I said in a past thread, I only use NFL Draft Countdown

Like the mock draft I have now, I used based on game tape (1 or 2 games except for Jonathan Orr, more games for Orien Harris)

A separate question, do you think we could draft Allen in the third or fourth round and if he is available, should we?

From a value standpoint alone I wouldn't shy away from him in those rounds however I'll also add that my decision would largely be based on what positions we took in rounds 1-2.

A separate question, do you think we could draft Allen in the third or fourth round and if he is available, should we?

I think there's a chance he's available in the fourth. I would stay away from him though, until the 4th round or so. This draft seems pretty deep and we will be able use our 3rd round draft pick on someone who is talented and doesnt have a degenerative injury. Id rather draft Brandon Johnson or Will Blackmon instead of Allen.

I think there's a chance he's available in the fourth. I would stay away from him though, until the 4th round or so. This draft seems pretty deep and we will be able use our 3rd round draft pick on someone who is talented and doesnt have a degenerative injury. Id rather draft Brandon Johnson or Will Blackmon instead of Allen.

He's RUMORED to have a degenerative hip condition. It isn't definitive.

He's RUMORED to have a degenerative hip condition. It isn't definitive.

I just think that its silly to make a risky pick on someone when there are other, very talented, not so risky players out there. Yes, they might be slightly less talented but Im in favor of passing on injury in favor of healthy 9 out of 10 times.

I think its worth it in a scenario such as Cromartie's where you can get an incredibly talented player who seems to have recovered from injury but has dropped in the draft none-the-less. I was fine with drafting Webster for the same reason. But Allen's injury seems far from recovered and I dont think hes talented enough to justify the risky pick. Just my two pennies.

I just think that its silly to make a risky pick on someone when there are other, very talented, not so risky players out there. Yes, they might be slightly less talented but Im in favor of passing on injury in favor of healthy 9 out of 10 times.

I think its worth it in a scenario such as Cromartie's where you can get an incredibly talented player who seems to have recovered from injury but has dropped in the draft none-the-less. I was fine with drafting Webster for the same reason. But Allen's injury seems far from recovered and I dont think hes talented enough to justify the risky pick. Just my two pennies.

I'm not arguing your point. I wholeheartedly agree that we shouldn't gamble on Allen in the first few rounds. The injury risk is too much. Gateb asked a question of if we should take Allen in the 3rd round if he were available and at that point I think he definitely merits strong consideration. However it all depends on who we've already drafted. If we go Cromartie in the first round then heck no. Last thing we need is two crippled players! ;)

Money I'm going to PM you my pick. I don't want to send it to Pizan as he selects two slots ahead of me and is already aware of my football prowess!

I sent Pizan my picks and he is no doubt stealing all my good ideas as we speak.

Hound, I got your pm, and I wont open it until my pick is over with. . . Thats because I all ready got all the good ideas from Mr. Grimes.