SportsWrath

Randolph out/Skinner in

Mr. P

the giants cut qb dom randolph and signed qb riley skinner from wake forest.

practice squad at best but thought some of you might care.

I think it's nothing more than a way to light a fire under Bomar so he doesn't get comfortable. Skinner is a good throwing QB, but at 5'9" and about 170 lbs, he'll never be an NFL QB as he isn't Doug Flutie. Then to top it off, all the publicity about Skinner for the past month has been directed towards his nude photos he put on the internet. Apparantly, 99.9% of internet searches on Skinner include the words, "naked", "nude", "bare", "penis", etc. Hardly a good reason to be known when your goal is to be a QB in the NFL and I doubt the front office wants that kind of publicity about it's players.

I don't think Rhett Bomar is having problems, I just think the Giants like competition across the board in order to keep everyone honest and to keep everyone pushing themselves to get better. When the season starts, the 3rd QB will not be Skinner. You can take that to the bank.

I think it's nothing more than a way to light a fire under Bomar so he doesn't get comfortable. Skinner is a good throwing QB, but at 5'9" and about 170 lbs, he'll never be an NFL QB as he isn't Doug Flutie. Then to top it off, all the publicity about Skinner for the past month has been directed towards his nude photos he put on the internet. Apparantly, 99.9% of internet searches on Skinner include the words, "naked", "nude", "bare", "penis", etc. Hardly a good reason to be known when your goal is to be a QB in the NFL and I doubt the front office wants that kind of publicity about it's players.

I don't think Rhett Bomar is having problems, I just think the Giants like competition across the board in order to keep everyone honest and to keep everyone pushing themselves to get better. When the season starts, the 3rd QB will not be Skinner. You can take that to the bank.

well either way it was gonna be either randolph or someone else there. i dont really think it being skinner instead of randolph is to light a fire under bomar.