SportsWrath

Plaxico Burress denied work-release program

Mr. P

The state's Department of Corrections have denied the former Giants star's work-release application, officials said today.

As The Post reported exclusively last month, Burress, just two months into his prison sentence, had hoped to leave the upstate Oneida Correctional Facility, where he's serving two years for accidentally blasting himself in the thigh with his unlicensed Glock at the Latin Quarter nightclub last year.

In a statement, the agency said Corrections Commissioner Brian Fischer, "in consultation with members of his executive team," denied Buress' application on Wednesday.

The DA's office had opposed the application, although the state had received many letters from Buress' friends and family in support of him attaining the work-release program.

Burress can re-apply for the program in July.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/plax_denied_work_release_program_FO65CjkEw3XlrcvwWKxLwN

Well he should just resign himself to spending the entirety of those two years behind bars....especially since Mayor For Life barely got re-elected. LOL!!! Don't they give pedophiles work release?

It's fucked up athat a man is sentenced to server TWO FUCKING YEARS in jail for bullshit. I know people who've served 50 fucking days after getting caught with hundreds of pills of ecstacy... Hopefully in 2 more months Plax applies and I wish I know when he gets out because I would drive to that jail to be one of the first to greet him.

It's fucked up athat a man is sentenced to server TWO FUCKING YEARS in jail for bullshit. I know people who've served 50 fucking days after getting caught with hundreds of pills of ecstacy... Hopefully in 2 more months Plax applies and I wish I know when he gets out because I would drive to that jail to be one of the first to greet him.

damn nas sounds like you run with a bad crowd

Im with Nas. This is bullshit, and I still love Plax for what he helped bring. A fuckin pedophile Catholic priest here in AZ got 2 years for molesting kids. You gonna tell me thats the same as what Burress did? Fuckin bullshit. Id be there to greet him to if I could.