SportsWrath

Are the Giants Offensive Line Immune to Criticism?

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Sorry guys. But I've been hearing all of the reasons why you think the Giants are out of it and the same names keep coming up. Gilbride, Coughlin, Tynes, Pierce, etc. Why is nobody talking about the O-Line? Just because they were considered the best O-Line in football the past 2 seasons, doesn't mean they are the best this year. And this is precisely why they've been getting a pass. It's time to wake up folks......they are not the best anymore and they are flat out NOT doing their jobs. Eli has no time anymore on pass plays (could it be the WR's not getting open?......maybe) but I think it's the O-Line. It looks like they are giving up. I have not seen Eli scramble and avoid sacks this much in a looooong time. Sure, once or twice a scramble here or there, but this seems like every other passing play. Am I the only one that thinks the O-Line is becoming a little suspect? I hope not.

I think Beatty is going to start somewhere along that line next year. And as much as I love the heart Seubert has shown over the years, I think it's time for him to begin his career as a backup.

The question is: Do you put Beatty on the left and move Diehl on the inside of him, or use him at RT?

I think teams are finally starting to figure out the weak points in our O-line, which is also getting up there in age. I think O'hara, Snee and Diehl are still going to be around for a number of years but we move Diehl back inside to the guard position (he's let up alot of sacks this year as a tackle) and let Seuburt backup the G/OT positions. Beatty will start for Diehl and then we need to draft a solid RT for when McKenize either retires or his contract runs up. Develope the tackles with O'hara, Snee and Diehl holding down the middle and being the veteran experience on the line, eventually will have to replace Diehl and O'hara but a good center can be picked up in the later rounds along with a guard.

I think teams are finally starting to figure out the weak points in our O-line, which is also getting up there in age. I think O'hara, Snee and Diehl are still going to be around for a number of years but we move Diehl back inside to the guard position (he's let up alot of sacks this year as a tackle) and let Seuburt backup the G/OT positions. Beatty will start for Diehl and then we need to draft a solid RT for when McKenize either retires or his contract runs up. Develope the tackles with O'hara, Snee and Diehl holding down the middle and being the veteran experience on the line, eventually will have to replace Diehl and O'hara but a good center can be picked up in the later rounds along with a guard.

could be- i think the lack of a deep threat is bringing more defenders to the line and daring the giants to throw. this offense was built around the deep ball and power running.