SportsWrath

2009 Giants Preview

CrazedDogs

2009 Giants Preview

Very interesting read, especially if you're a numbers geek like me.

A few highlights...

...they've got the Giants with a 70%+ chance of making the playoffs.

...the late season collapse was on the defense, not Plaxico.

...the passing game was better when Plaxico was out; the run game suffered more.

...Spags's zone blitz schemes were vastly overrated; the Giants D has been more effective when simply rushing 4 and letting the talent man up.

...Giants D was solid vs. WRs...terrible vs. RBs.

2009 Giants Preview

A few highlights...

...the passing game was better when Plaxico was out; the run game suffered more.

...Spags's zone blitz schemes were vastly overrated; the Giants D has been more effective when simply rushing 4 and letting the talent man up.

I hate to say it not to blow my own horn but this perspective seems remarkably similar to mine

I sense our WRs are solid, our D up the middle weak, we really are a crossroads.....there is a real chance a team only 16 months from the last trophy might be coming apart

a lot depends on the re-emergence of the D line play that powered us to the SB and someone to step into the vacant Kawika Mitchell role..........his departure hurt us badly as his sterling play made up for Pierces deficiencies

also a lot depends on the emergence of Danny Ware and Bradshaw........Jacobs is a battering ram but thats his coontribution......its brutal brutal football but cannnot carry the team

neither can Eli......he cannot be relied upon to carry an offense all year like his HOF like brother and father could

Hakeen Nicks, Danny Ware, Ahmad Bradshaw......Canty, and Boley

I feel these guys can propel us back on top

2009 Giants Preview

A few highlights...

Thanks for post.

The numbers is alarming when it comes to the defense and the passing game. I knew the defense got tired at the end. But I also thought opposing offenses had figured our Spags scheme.

Thanks for post.

The numbers is alarming when it comes to the defense and the passing game. I knew the defense got tired at the end. But I also thought opposing offenses had figured our Spags scheme.

a lot can be attributed to the loss of strahan and Osi..........eventually it caught up with the defense

on offense there is a necessary changing of the guard ongoing

we may be SB champs again this year but it seems far fetched right now

Yeah the late season collapse was on the very overatted Spagnuolo I am sorry it had to be said, and I am glad another publication pointed it out,He looked like a genius having Osi,Strahan and Tuck couldn't do it without two of those guys last year,I do not think we will miss Spags has much has everyone thinks. I like alot of the things Sheridan is doing rushing the front seven,putting a safety in the box,zones blitz more man to man coverage, not putting his MLB on a island against a TE thats far more athletic.

Yeah the late season collapse was on the very overatted Spagnuolo I am sorry it had to be said, and I am glad another publication pointed it out,He looked like a genius having Osi,Strahan and Tuck couldn't do it without two of those guys last year,I do not think we will miss Spags has much has everyone thinks. I like alot of the things Sheridan is doing rushing the front seven,putting a safety in the box,zones blitz more man to man coverage, not putting his MLB on a island against a TE thats far more athletic.

what MLBer? We don't have a MLBer......we have a waterboy at that positon

also games are fluid on D ....you cannot protect any defensive position unless you bring up a saftey as a back up

safties do not as a rule protect MLBers

what MLBer? We don't have a MLBer......we have a waterboy at that positon

also games are fluid on D ....you cannot protect any defensive position unless yoju bring up a saftey as a back up

safties do not as a rule protect MLBers

I think we will see more of that next year,Kenny Phillips dropping into coverage instead of Pierce. Pierce should be moving forwards not backwards, I understand in certain situations you need LB's to cover but its not like the offense plays 12 guys its still 11 on 11 football.

I think we will see more of that next year,Kenny Phillips dropping into coverage instead of Pierce. Pierce should be moving forwards not backwards, I understand in certain situations you need LB's to cover but its not like the offense plays 12 guys its still 11 on 11 football.

I just do not get this insane desire to keep a guy on the field who cannot stop the pass, and is but a passive tackler (never really sticking anyone)......it boggles the mind and adds to our struggles

yes he is a charismatic guy, yes he knows how to read plays but physically hes a huge liability

If it were any other player he'd be on the bench or off the team long ago

2009 Giants Preview

A few highlights...

good read thanks!