SportsWrath

Does anyone know when The Giants training camp will start this year?

NeMesiS

Albany, N.Y. -- The New York Giants' 2009 summer training camp tentatively begins the first week of August. The Giants, who have trained on the UAlbany campus since 1996, will work out until the fourth week of August.

The Giants are traveling to UAlbany for the fourteenth consecutive summer, the longest period at one site in the team's training camp history. The Giants previously spent thirteen summers at Pace University in Pleasantville, N.Y. from 1975-87. The Giants, who have also trained in the states of Vermont, Connecticut, New Jersey, Wisconsin and Oregon, previously worked out at Fairleigh Dickinson University (1988-95) in Madison, New Jersey prior to their arrival on the UAlbany campus.

In the 13 years that the Giants have trained at UAlbany, the preseason camp has averaged 32,068 fans per summer. The all-time mark of 45,040 was established in 2004.

2009 New York Giants Schedule

Preseason

Aug. 17 (Mon.) Carolina Panthers 8:15 p.m. (ESPN)

Aug. 22 (Sat.) at Chicago Bears 8:00 p.m. (WNBC)

Aug. 29 (Sat.) New York Jets 8:00 p.m. (WNBC)

Sept. 3 (Thu.) at New England Patriots 7:30 p.m. (WNBC)

Regular Season

Albany, N.Y. -- The New York Giants' 2009 summer training camp tentatively begins the first week of August. The Giants, who have trained on the UAlbany campus since 1996, will work out until the fourth week of August.

The Giants are traveling to UAlbany for the fourteenth consecutive summer, the longest period at one site in the team's training camp history. The Giants previously spent thirteen summers at Pace University in Pleasantville, N.Y. from 1975-87. The Giants, who have also trained in the states of Vermont, Connecticut, New Jersey, Wisconsin and Oregon, previously worked out at Fairleigh Dickinson University (1988-95) in Madison, New Jersey prior to their arrival on the UAlbany campus.

In the 13 years that the Giants have trained at UAlbany, the preseason camp has averaged 32,068 fans per summer. The all-time mark of 45,040 was established in 2004.

2009 New York Giants Schedule

Preseason

Aug. 17 (Mon.) Carolina Panthers 8:15 p.m. (ESPN)

Aug. 22 (Sat.) at Chicago Bears 8:00 p.m. (WNBC)

Aug. 29 (Sat.) New York Jets 8:00 p.m. (WNBC)

Sept. 3 (Thu.) at New England Patriots 7:30 p.m. (WNBC)

Regular Season

Wanted to go last year cause they were the champs this year don't really care to go, I hate Nicks and might throw things at him just for excepting the the #29 pick.Should of said nah and then we draft Kenny Britt and J.R is god again.

Wanted to go last year cause they were the champs this year don't really care to go, I hate Nicks and might throw things at him just for excepting the the #29 pick.Should of said nah and then we draft Kenny Britt and J.R is god again.

You're a tard.

:blink:

:glare:

you don't like some one with velcro hands and good work ethic? :confused:

Don't know about good work ethic, hes fat in fact got real fat over the offseason and good hands mean nothing when he is slow. Sorry I don't think our first rounder should of been wasted on a guy thats short and fat has a WR, I think alot of people our mistaken about his height too he is not the tall lanky reciever that Plex was so I have no idea were the comparisions to Plex or Michael Irvin come from, and he is mighty slow, alot of his catches are so spectacular cause the corner is right up his ass on most of them he cannot separate like you have to in the NFL. We had to me, rising stars in Smith and Hixon, I would of liked Britt over Nicks, If we had Britt with Sintim,Beatty and Barden I would of liked that better, He is a Giant though so I will support him and hope I am wrong about Nicks.

Don't know about good work ethic, hes fat in fact got real fat over the offseason and good hands mean nothing when he is slow. Sorry I don't think our first rounder should of been wasted on a guy thats short and fat has a WR, I think alot of people our mistaken about his height too he is not the tall lanky reciever that Plex was so I have no idea were the comparisions to Plex or Michael Irvin come from, and he is mighty slow, alot of his catches are so spectacular cause the corner is right up his ass on most of them he cannot separate like you have to in the NFL. We had to me, rising stars in Smith and Hixon, I would of liked Britt over Nicks, If we had Britt with Sintim,Beatty and Barden I would of liked that better, He is a Giant though so I will support him and hope I am wrong about Nicks.

Wow...you really are an idiot.

Since when is 6'1 short?

4/16 Update: Nicks suffered an injury at the combine and his inability to workout between the combine and his Pro Day caused some issues. He gained a lot of weight during that time and now many have questioned his commitment. Even before he pulled his hamstring at the combine, Nicks did not answer any of the speed concerns and ran a 4.51 40-yard dash. GREAT work ethic just fabulous work ethic?

Hakeem Nicks combine profile

He ran a 4.51, Plaxico in 2000 ran a 4.55.

He's 6'1....don't be such a dumbass.

He's listed on the Giants roster page has 6, I have seen him listed has 5'11 3/4 so lets give him a 6. A 4.51 is extremly slow, I don't know if you actually watch any college football but he cannot separate and that spells trouble at the nfl level,most of his catches he was able to muscle the corner in the nfl that won't happen. He has had weight issues and commitment issues all offseason. I will support him cause he is a Giant but I don't think he was worth a 1st round pick is all i've been saying, This is the pick we wouldn't essentially trade for Braylon or Boldin I just don't buy that.

He's listed on the Giants roster page has 6, I have seen him listed has 5'11 3/4 so lets give him a 6. A 4.51 is extremly slow, I don't know if you actually watch any college football but he cannot separate and that spells trouble at the nfl level,most of his catches he was able to muscle the corner in the nfl that won't happen. He has had weight issues and commitment issues all offseason. I will support him cause he is a Giant but I don't think he was worth a 1st round pick is all i've been saying, This is the pick we wouldn't essentially trade for Braylon or Boldin I just don't buy that.

LIKE ZOMG ONE INCH.

Jerry Rice ran a slow 40 too. And 4.51 is not extremely slow, could you run a 4.5 in the 40 yard dash?

These weight and commitment issues..where you getting this from? When he injuried his hamstring

and couldn't work out? You're an idiot.

LIKE ZOMG ONE INCH.

Jerry Rice ran a slow 40 too. And 4.51 is not extremely slow, could you run a 4.5 in the 40 yard dash?

These weight and commitment issues..where you getting this from? When he injuried his hamstring

and couldn't work out? You're an idiot.

Go to any draft scouting report site, you will find alot about his weight and commitment issues and i've seen him play.

Go to any draft scouting report site, you will find alot about his weight and commitment issues and i've seen him play.

I'll go to the Giants front office personnell for their opinions on him, instead of a guy on a message board.