SportsWrath

What a bunch of bullshit!!

so-cal dub

---Burnett suspended---

Burnett Suspended Six Games and Plans Appeal

By Tyler Kepner

A.J. Burnett was suspended six games by Major League Baseball for throwing a ball over the head of the Texas Rangers’ Nelson Cruz on Tuesday. Burnett, who was not warned before the incident and was not ejected from the game, has appealed.

“It looked bad,” Burnett acknowledged. “Obviously, it was up tight. Anytime a ball gets up close, it doesn’t make a good statement.”

Burnett’s pitch came one inning after the Rangers’ Vicente Padilla drilled Mark Teixeira in the backside, promoting Teixeira to slam his bat to the ground and shout at Padilla. The plate umpire, Doug Eddings, did not warn the benches until after Burnett threw over Cruz, essentially inviting Burnett to take a free shot.

But the shot Burnett took was not free, as shown by the discipline from Major League Baseball’s vice president of on-field operations, Bob Watson, who also fined Burnett. Padilla was not suspended but was fined.

“That’s interesting,” Burnett said. “But it’s their decision. I can’t change that. I’ll just plead my case and see what happens.”

Josh Beckett of the Boston Red Sox was suspended for six games in April after a similar infraction: he threw a ball over the head of the Angels’ Bobby Abreu, but was not ejected. Beckett appealed and the suspension was reduced to five games.

Yet the greasy fuck got nothing? wow...just wow

Padilla got fined. Burnett was obviously trying to "Payback", Padilla was just wild. The whiny bitch Teixeira blew everything out of proportion.

"just wild"... 7 times? If that's the case, he doesnt need to be pitching.

Was Padilla warned?

No and the fact that he wasn't is BS. The guy leads the league in hit batters since either 01 or 02, can't remember which year. Like I told you in the Fuckin Greasy Guy topic he was high and close on numerous occasions...dunno if it was 7 but that seems like the right number.

And have you SEEN the actual play yet? The second time he hit Tex?

Thank god the Rangers recognize what a waste of a roster spot this guy is. And from a couple stories I've heard his own soon to be former teammates are happy about it too...like Tex they don't like being targets of retaliation for his either lack of control or his purposeful targetting...and if you have seen the second hit you would know it was on purpose.

No and the fact that he wasn't is BS. The guy leads the league in hit batters since either 01 or 02, can't remember which year. Like I told you in the Fuckin Greasy Guy topic he was high and close on numerous occasions...dunno if it was 7 but that seems like the right number.

Thank god the Rangers recognize what a waste of a roster spot this guy is. And from a couple stories I've heard his own soon to be former teammates are happy about it too...like Tex they don't like being targets of retaliation for his either lack of control or his purposeful targetting...and if you have seen the second hit you would know it was on purpose.

the first pitch of the game for us, he threw it up at Jetes. Tex twice, arod twice Posada and Cano. Thats going off only what I caught on the video I was filming. He may have did it more. Certainly, that is not "just wild". Thats on purpose.

the first pitch of the game for us, he threw it up at Jetes. Tex twice, arod twice Posada and Cano. Thats going off only what I caught on the video I was filming. He may have did it more. Certainly, that is not "just wild". Thats on purpose.

The guy is a dbag. His entire MLB track record is tainted with him going after hot batters. And what disturbs me is VG defending the guy. He has a hot temper and goes after batters that hit him well and VG thinks that is a good thing.

Thankfully the Rangers recognized it and dumped him.

I swear you watch that D-bag pitch and it makes sense why he is so eratic...he keeps rubbing his hands through his hair. And that hair is so greasy how could any pitcher know what is going to come out of their hand.

So a guy who has intentionally thrown at 7 batters isn't warned/ Umpires aren't that stupid or lenient.

Yes, i have seen the replay, tex got hit in the ass, happens everyday, certainly doesn't warrant this many accusations of head hunting. And btw, head hunting usually refers to someone throwing at someones head, not their ass.

That guy is a pretty good pitcher when he is on, 15 game winner a few years ago on a pretty bad team. Releasing him is a huge mistake, they ain't doing it because he supposedly hit tex on purpose, they are doing it because he hasn't had it ina while and they can't wait yto rush up some young stud not ready for the big leagues. Not to mention Cheap Hicks wants to dump his salary.

So they were all intentional? Is that what you're telling me? he threw at 7ish batters intentionally and didn't even get warned?

The guy is a dbag. His entire MLB track record is tainted with him going after hot batters. And what disturbs me is VG defending the guy. He has a hot temper and goes after batters that hit him well and VG thinks that is a good thing.

Thankfully the Rangers recognized it and dumped him.

I swear you watch that D-bag pitch and it makes sense why he is so eratic...he keeps rubbing his hands through his hair. And that hair is so greasy how could any pitcher know what is going to come out of their hand.

Exactly, he hits batters, he pitches inside and the result of that is hit batters. not some grand scheme to plunk every person who has ever hit a HR off him, simply the correct way to pitch, use the entire plate plus whatever else you can get away with.

Exactly, he hits batters, he pitches inside and the result of that is hit batters. not some grand scheme to plunk every person who has ever hit a HR off him, simply the correct way to pitch, use the entire plate plus whatever else you can get away with.

It isn't the correct way to pitch if you can't control your pitches which he clearly can't. And I'm sorry but that pitch that hit Tex in the ass beelined straight at him.

I never called him a headhunter I called him a guy who throws at people.

It isn't the correct way to pitch if you can't control your pitches which he clearly can't. And I'm sorry but that pitch that hit Tex in the ass beelined straight at him.

I never called him a headhunter I called him a guy who throws at people.

Maybe that is the kind of player Rangers fans want....but a head hunter....that is not a kinda player any self-respecting MLB team likes.

So a guy who has intentionally thrown at 7 batters isn't warned/ Umpires aren't that stupid or lenient.

That is the most confusing part of the night. The umpire should have warned him....especially after plunking Tex the second time. But nary a peep from the umpire. And the umpires are well aware of the history of Padilla who has repeatedly been suspended afterthrowing at hitters who are hot and has started at least two team brawls in the past two years. So the umps know all about Padilla's "wild pitches" to hot hitters.

So they were all intentional? Is that what you're telling me? he threw at 7ish batters intentionally and didn't even get warned?

He only has a "wild streak inside" and can't find the plate when facing the hottest batters in the lineup. The guys he brushed back or hit all happen to be on fire with the bat and have been hammering the ball the past couple of weeks. Tex has been especially hot throughout May - maybe the hottest batter in both leagues. For some reason, he has no problem throwing strikes to guys in a slump. He finds the plate just fine when a guy hitting a buck-ten steps up to the plate.

It's unbelievable that he hit Tex twice and never got as much as a warning. The reason Tex went off is because this pitcher has targeted him in the past couple. About the 10th time a pitcher hits you in less than 10 games, you start saying, "WTF?".

And the big thing again is....NO WARNING. Yet when AJ threw only one pitch inside, he's ejected and gets a 6 game suspension.

Tell me that makes sense. And I know you're not a Yankee fan VG.....but putting that aside and looking at the situation without bias, you have to come to the same conclusion as the rest of us.

That is the most confusing part of the night. The umpire should have warned him....especially after plunking Tex the second time. But nary a peep from the umpire. And the umpires are well aware of the history of Padilla who has repeatedly been suspended afterthrowing at hitters who are hot and has started at least two team brawls in the past two years. So the umps know all about Padilla's "wild pitches" to hot hitters.

He only has a "wild streak inside" and can't find the plate when facing the hottest batters in the lineup. The guys he brushed back or hit all happen to be on fire with the bat and have been hammering the ball the past couple of weeks. Tex has been especially hot throughout May - maybe the hottest batter in both leagues. For some reason, he has no problem throwing strikes to guys in a slump. He finds the plate just fine when a guy hitting a buck-ten steps up to the plate.

It's unbelievable that he hit Tex twice and never got as much as a warning. The reason Tex went off is because this pitcher has targeted him in the past couple. About the 10th time a pitcher hits you in less than 10 games, you start saying, "WTF?".

And the big thing again is....NO WARNING. Yet when AJ threw only one pitch inside, he's ejected and gets a 6 game suspension.

Tell me that makes sense. And I know you're not a Yankee fan VG.....but putting that aside and looking at the situation without bias, you have to come to the same conclusion as the rest of us.

I didn't watch the game, so i can only go by what i know...and that is that Padilla wwas making his first start since a shoulder injury, he walked 4 batters in under 4 innings and was never warned for his supposed head hunting.

I also know that Teixeira is a whiny bitch and exaggerates shit constantly, so anything he says i take with a grain of salt.

I didn't watch the game, so i can only go by what i know...and that is that Padilla wwas making his first start since a shoulder injury, he walked 4 batters in under 4 innings and was never warned for his supposed head hunting.

I also know that Teixeira is a whiny bitch and exaggerates shit constantly, so anything he says i take with a grain of salt.

You keep repeating that you did not watch the game but continue to defend him....WATCH THE GAME! Stop trying to defend a guy when you didn't even see his performance. Your willing ignorance...VG I respect you dude stop defending that which you have not seen!

Like BB said it is inconceivable that he was not warned. At least 7 batters were brushed back by tight pitches. He hit a single batter twice and was not warned. Ask yourself....if you were a MLB ump and a guy was hit on two consecutive at-bats....wouldn't you warn the pitcher? The first two times a guy goes up to bat he is hit...I don't care if the guy was coming off the DL when the first two times a batter comes to bat he is hit doesn't that warn't a warning? The fact that the grease ball wasn't warned is more a slight against the umps than the batter who was hit.

:rolleyes:

I wonder what the excuse would be if he was still a Ranger.

Of course i liked him when he was a Ranger, he's a great talent. But I can't respect someone who pulls that 'I want to play for a winner" bullshit like he and Arod did, especially so early in a career.

Plus, he is whiny. And like i called it, many of you were off the band wagon not long ago.

You keep repeating that you did not watch the game but continue to defend him....WATCH THE GAME! Stop trying to defend a guy when you didn't even see his performance. Your willing ignorance...VG I respect you dude stop defending that which you have not seen!

Like BB said it is inconceivable that he was not warned. At least 7 batters were brushed back by tight pitches. He hit a single batter twice and was not warned. Ask yourself....if you were a MLB ump and a guy was hit on two consecutive at-bats....wouldn't you warn the pitcher? The first two times a guy goes up to bat he is hit...I don't care if the guy was coming off the DL when the first two times a batter comes to bat he is hit doesn't that warn't a warning? The fact that the grease ball wasn't warned is more a slight against the umps than the batter who was hit.

In reality, I'm sure he was throwing at him, I've been playing devils advocate due to your over the top and somewhat insulting response to my original post.

But there truly is more than one possibility, everything I mentioned is valid, and suggesting a struggling pitcher give up half the plate because he's a little wild and may hit someone is retarded.

Baseball players get hit, sometimes on purpose, sometimes by mistake. As long as it's not in the ear, I'm cool with it. And yes, hot hitters do tend to get plunked more.

As far as Padilla being a head hunter, he isn't hitting players at an alarming pace, he's about the same as Randy Johnson and Tim Wakefield.

In reality, I'm sure he was throwing at him, I've been playing devils advocate due to your over the top and somewhat insulting response to my original post.

But there truly is more than one possibility, everything I mentioned is valid, and suggesting a struggling pitcher give up half the plate because he's a little wild and may hit someone is retarded.

Baseball players get hit, sometimes on purpose, sometimes by mistake. As long as it's not in the ear, I'm cool with it. And yes, hot hitters do tend to get plunked more.

As far as Padilla being a head hunter, he isn't hitting players at an alarming pace, he's about the same as Randy Johnson and Tim Wakefield.

But the SAME batter getting twice in a row? That's a bit suspicious.

Of course i liked him when he was a Ranger, he's a great talent. But I can't respect someone who pulls that 'I want to play for a winner" bullshit like he and Arod did, especially so early in a career.

Plus, he is whiny. And like i called it, many of you were off the band wagon not long ago.

First off, when they say they want to play for a winning team they arent lying. Where would staying with the Rangers for either one of those two have gotten them???

Second, "off the bandwagon"...really? More like pissed off when a guy who JUST signed months before the season started for that money is looking pathetic. Had he been on the Yankees last year and so on, then you can say off the bandwagon...this case, nah.

BTW, his wife was the deciding factor in whether he played for NY or Boston.

VG in retrospecitve I was overly harsh. Especially to someone who is a committed fan like yourself...and I apologize. My one major fault (ok I have many major faults) is being far overcommitted to my home teams. Tex was clearly targeted there and I let myself become infuriated at the situation. Not once did I ever recognize your devils advocate posturing.

And I am not happy about Joba hitting Pena.

First off, when they say they want to play for a winning team they arent lying. Where would staying with the Rangers for either one of those two have gotten them???

What has playing in NY gotten Arod? Aside from being called Mr. April?

And i didn't say they were lying, anyone who plays competative sports wants to win. my point was, especially in teixeira's case, he could have stayed and been a part of a growing team, and be beloved by his fans pretty much regadless of how he starts a season. But they both forced their way out, more or less, and they got what they wanted, now llets see if they can produce 27.

Second, "off the bandwagon"...really? More like pissed off when a guy who JUST signed months before the season started for that money is looking pathetic. Had he been on the Yankees last year and so on, then you can say off the bandwagon...this case, nah.

BTW, his wife was the deciding factor in whether he played for NY or Boston.

It's that way every year, it's not news, everyone on this board knew how he would start the season, hell, i almost nailed his numbers to start June, he just got hot a couple weeks before i thought he would.

VG in retrospecitve I was overly harsh. Especially to someone who is a committed fan like yourself...and I apologize. My one major fault (ok I have many major faults) is being far overcommitted to my home teams. Tex was clearly targeted there and I let myself become infuriated at the situation. Not once did I ever recognize your devils advocate posturing.

And I am not happy about Joba hitting Pena.

No worries dude, I was taking a little too seriously myself, and started to convince myself. We're both guilty of being flaming homers.