SportsWrath

Vince Anderson - CB signed by Giants after draft

BleedinBlue

CB Vinnie Anderson - 6'2", 205lb 4.52 went to a small school in Florida, but drew a lot of attention from the pro scouts just before the draft.

Anyway, here's a highlight film on him. He looks like he has the mojo and should compete for one of the open corner positions, which will be very competitive this year.

He's got an excellent tackling technique, especially for a CB. That's made me a fan immediately. I hope we don't train that out of him.

Seems to have great awareness too, both of the ball and running lanes.

I agree. However, the competition he's faced is a very low level so it's hard to know how he'd play against far better competition.

Our 6th and 7th pics (WRight and Woodsen) played against top level competition, but what I like about Anderson is that he's 6'2" rather than 5'11" like Wright and Woodson, so he's better able to go up against the taller WR's. Also, his timed speed is faster than both Wright and Woodson.

I guess we'll have to see how things shake out in camp. It's amazing how often an undrafted rookie makes a team and becomes a prized player.

I agree. However, the competition he's faced is a very low level so it's hard to know how he'd play against far better competition.

Our 6th and 7th pics (WRight and Woodsen) played against top level competition, but what I like about Anderson is that he's 6'2" rather than 5'11" like Wright and Woodson, so he's better able to go up against the taller WR's. Also, his timed speed is faster than both Wright and Woodson.

I guess we'll have to see how things shake out in camp. It's amazing how often an undrafted rookie makes a team and becomes a prized player.

Should be used to nuturalize taller receivers in nickle packages.

What are Wright and Woodson's timed speeds?

I'm finding Wright n the 4.5 range, and Woodson in the 4.6 range.

What are Wright and Woodson's timed speeds?

I'm finding Wright n the 4.5 range, and Woodson in the 4.6 range.

I think both Wright and Woodson had identical stats...size wise and speed wise and both were clocked around 4.62. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember hearing on TV after they were drafted.