SportsWrath

Another WR thread

Allstarjim

How many new WR's do you guys think we need? I feel we need 2, to replace Burress and Toomer. I like Smith to stay in the slot (but still be a big part of the offense).

My dream would be if the Giants were to be able to trade for Edwards without losing their first rounder, and then draft Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt.

I would be ecstatic, though, if the Giants ended up with Edwards AND any one of these: Nicks, Britt, Louis Murphy, Heyward-Bey, or even Percy Harvin.

Agreed.

Even with Tyree can't they just have an open competition and whoever loses (I'm thinking Moss here) gets cut?

We have:

Hixon

Smith

Manningham

Moss

Tyree

Are you guys really ok with just an addition of Edwards? That means if he gets hurt we are back to how we ended last year with an impotent passing game. Personally I think we'd be better off upgrading the entire group by adding 2 receivers.

Even with Tyree can't they just have an open competition and whoever loses (I'm thinking Moss here) gets cut?

We have:

Hixon

Smith

Manningham

Moss

Tyree

Are you guys really ok with just an addition of Edwards? That means if he gets hurt we are back to how we ended last year with an impotent passing game. Personally I think we'd be better off upgrading the entire group by adding 2 receivers.

I just meant that I think we'd be fine with just the Edwards addition. If we could grab a Nicks or Britt still, hell yeah.

Ideal is getting another number one receiver and another one for the return game. Competition for Hixon and its time to cut Moss loose. Haven't seen anything from him.

I have.

Ive seen him dive BEHIND the 1st down marker. <_<