SportsWrath

With Nady Out - Yankees look like geniuses

BleedinBlue

At the beginning of the season, the Yanks were criticized for having 5 starting outfielders to fill 3 positions. After the signing of Texiera, we had a leftover Swisher with no place to play.

Well....Nady might be out for the season now and New Yorkers have fallen in love with Swisher so all the sudden, the Yankee brass looks like sheer geniuses.

I agree, this works out perfect for the yankees...actually, cashman should have enver traded for Nady and Marte.

Anyway, my guess is J-Rod gets called up as the 5th outfielder since Matsui cant play the field(or hit anymore)

What about A-Jax? The more all the way black guys we get on the Yanks the better for the black community.

What about A-Jax? The more all the way black guys we get on the Yanks the better for the black community.

as much as I agree with that, A-Jax needs to play everyday, he is still developing. Bringing him up at any point before a september call up when the minor league season ends would hinder his growth; he wouldnt see much playing time with the big club. He is only 21 years old, he needs to play everday

as much as I agree with that, A-Jax needs to play everyday, he is still developing. Bringing him up at any point before a september call up when the minor league season ends would hinder his growth; he wouldnt see much playing time with the big club. He is only 21 years old, he needs to play everday

I have to agree with you. A-jax is going to be a very good outfielder and would be an everyday outfielder on a major league team right now if not playing for a team that has 4 everyday outfielders in front of him. The Yanks would be better off picking up a veteran who still has some juice left in the tank as a backup rather than bring up a young stud whose only going to play a couple of innings per week.

I have to agree with you. A-jax is going to be a very good outfielder and would be an everyday outfielder on a major league team right now if not playing for a team that has 4 everyday outfielders in front of him. The Yanks would be better off picking up a veteran who still has some juice left in the tank as a backup rather than bring up a young stud whose only going to play a couple of innings per week.

I love your optimism, but A-Jax is not that close to being ML ready, to be starter anyway. He needs to spend the year in AAA, play everydsay, let him develop and see how he progresses...I dont want to see him with the big league club until mid season 2010 at the earliest. Keep in mind that he only fully committed himself to baseball 3 years ago..and he is extremely young. I think he could be a very good ML player, not great, but very good if the yankees groom him properly...and so far, so good.

So what do we do? Sign Jim Edmonds? Someone else from our minor league system? We have no hitters down there and Melky might be our best bet just because he has the most ML experience. Well, at least we have Swish and losing Nady just fucks up our depth a bit.

So what do we do? Sign Jim Edmonds? Someone else from our minor league system? We have no hitters down there and Melky might be our best bet just because he has the most ML experience. Well, at least we have Swish and losing Nady just fucks up our depth a bit.
Juan Miranda or John Rodriguez would be my guess...maybe Shelley or Ruso. Even though I dontlike Nady,

Nick Swisher should have gotten the starting nod to begin the season anyway. He's a far better player. But yah, the loss of Nady hurts the bench.

Arrgh, I want to watch some Yankee games to get to know the enemy. It's necessary.

Nick Swisher should have gotten the starting nod to begin the season anyway. He's a far better player. But yah, the loss of Nady hurts the bench.

Arrgh, I want to watch some Yankee games to get to know the enemy. It's necessary.

I'll give you the short and sweet.

Cody Ransom can't bat. And despite a great defensive play today he seems to miss more balls than he makes. And the only replacement is a kid named Pena who is better at defense but even worse at the plate.

Matsui aside from today was doing dick at the plate. And he rarely if ever is going to beat out a grounder since his knees have reduced him to about a 2mph top speed.

Veras is HORRIBLE coming out of the bullpen. And Marte is maybe even worse.

And speaking of the bullpen, Girardi is misusing it. Nick Swisher actually was a relief pitcher.

Finally starting pitching...the only really bright spot on the team. But still Wang needs to prove he can get the job done.

its 10 games into the season, Im not concerned...however Marte has been really bad since he got here last year...but bullpens changes throughout the year...come June 1st I have a feeling the yankees bullpen will look like this

Mo

Bruney

Marte

Melancon

Robertson

War

Tomko

ANd come August 1st, I expect it to look even different than it did on June 1st. One of the many things I like about Girardi is that he is not afraid to give the young guys from the minors a shot in the ml bullpen...releif pitchers are a dime a doxen, very rarely are they consistant from year to year. Girardi manages the bullpen well(excpet that one time in KC recently)