Plaxico Curses Cop in Fl, 5 Tickets/mo

JackStroud

Page 9 of todays NYPost tells you why the giants really dismissed him

He was stopped by a cop the other day in FL for "driving like a lunatic"

answered all the cops questions with F You

It was his 5th traffic stop in 1 month in Florida

What an idiot.....we don't need this guy,and he is a very troubled individual

talented but too much trouble

and since i know im not the only one who would like some proof i decided to find the article so we dont have to just take jacks word for it

By JAMES FANELLI

'F- - - you. You're going to be in a lot of trouble. I know the sheriff personally. You're going to hear about this by the end of your shift.'<br/>- Plaxico Burress to Broward County Deputy Sheriff Donald Harris during his March 18 traffic stop in Florida.

'F- - - you. You're going to be in a lot of trouble. I know the sheriff personally. You're going to hear about this by the end of your shift.'

- Plaxico Burress to Broward County Deputy Sheriff Donald Harris during his March 18 traffic stop in Florida.

Last updated: 6:39 am

April 5, 2009

Posted: 1:53 am

April 5, 2009

At least this time Plaxico Burress was only shooting from the lip.

The pistol-packing punk fired a string of profanities at a deputy sheriff two weeks ago after he was stopped for erratic driving in Florida, police said.

REPORT: PLAX GOT TREATMENT

"F- - - you! You're going to be in a lot of trouble. I know the sheriff personally," the receiver raged at Broward County Deputy Sheriff Donald Harris during the March 18 traffic stop, police said.

The embattled gridder (right) -- who was released by the Giants on Friday and faces 3½ years in prison on a gun-possession charge after shooting himself in the leg at a Manhattan nightclub on Nov. 29 -- followed every question and command with a "F- - - you," according to the citation (above).

It appears Burress' driving is as wild as his shooting; the ticket was his fifth driving infraction in Florida in the past month alone.

In the March 18 incident near Fort Lauderdale, Burress, 31, was speeding south on I-95 in his black 2008 Toyota Sequoia at 10:30 a.m. when he crossed several lanes of traffic, cutting off vehicles to get on I-595's westbound ramp, police said.

Harris pulled over the car because Burress was driving like "he was going to kill somebody," according to police.

When Officer Harris approached, he couldn't see inside the tinted windows of Burress' SUV, so he opened a door and found the ex-Giant talking on his cellphone.

"F- - - you! You can't open my f- - -ing door!" Burress barked, police said. That's when Burress issued his boastful threat about knowing Broward County Sheriff Al Lamberti.

At one point, Harris asked Burress to get out of his car because of his "violent and aggressive" attitude, police said. The deputy wanted to see if the fuming, 6-foot-5 footballer was carrying a gun. Burress, who wasn't packing, complied. But he wasn't happy about it.

Eventually, Burress, who has a home in nearby Lighthouse Point, returned to his car, snarling, "You're going to hear about this by the end of your shift!"

But Burress was bluffing about his connections. The sheriff has "never met him," a police spokeswoman said.

Burress was hit with a $150 moving violation.

Two weeks earlier, on March 1, Burress was slapped with four violations for driving 60 mph in a 45-mph zone, improper tags, improper lane change and improper window tinting.

Burress' gun-possession case has been adjourned until June 15.

jfanelli@nypost.com

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04052009/news/...tact_162940.htm

im not sure that his cursing the cop is why they cut him

especially with all the other articles out about how he rejected the new contract we just offered him

seems like the timing was right........If someone from the sheriffs office un-officially called the Giants after this one, it might have been the straw that broke the camels back

He was on the thinnest of ice prior ot this latest legal scirmish

I know if i were John Mara and fielded that call it would have been over for this jerk

seems like the timing was right........If someone from the sheriffs office un-officially called the Giants after this one, it might have been the straw that broke the camels back

He was on the thinnest of ice prior ot this latest legal scirmish

I know if i were John Mara and fielded that call it would have been over for this jerk

Ummm...no. I think it was more likely he had to get his legal affairs in order and when he couldn't there was no reason to keep him around. Burress is clearly shooting for a no jail time settlement. The government wants nothing to do with that. Since he is going to be spending time the Giants are done with him.

Problems with Nick Saban throughout his career at Michigan State, blowing off two meetings with the steelers prior to being drafted, a laundy list of complaints/minor lawsuits, gun mishap, domestic abuse allegations - never his problem huh? Amazing... 35 million dollar contract and you still have to play the role of tough guy, strapped thug? I'm sorry - I loved Plax for what he did for us in 2007, but the more I hear about his story, the more pissed I get. Turning down a restructed contract that woulda basically paid him the same as his one entering 2008 (29 mil for 4 years rather than 35 for 5 - likely taking into account he wouldn't play in 2009) and this guy has the stones to force the Giants into cutting him. Strolling in to watch Michigan State in the final four saying you felt "great"? . What I would give to have you be the pinata at my little cousin's next birthday.... How bout you reach into your fucking checkbook and cut me a check for the 200 plus dollar ONLY authentic Giants jersey I ever bought that is now worthless. I hate to say it but I hope things get even worse for you because you clearly haven't learned your lesson. Thanks for costing us a repeat championship you piece of shit.

This is the other side of the coin from the Ryan Moats thing. Can you imagine the self-restraint it took to prevent the cop from taking out his nightstick and turning Plaxico from wide receiver to baby seal?

Well done, Officer Harris. :clap:

Problems with Nick Saban throughout his career at Michigan State, blowing off two meetings with the steelers prior to being drafted, a laundy list of complaints/minor lawsuits, gun mishap, domestic abuse allegations - never his problem huh? Amazing... 35 million dollar contract and you still have to play the role of tough guy, strapped thug? I'm sorry - I loved Plax for what he did for us in 2007, but the more I hear about his story, the more pissed I get. Turning down a restructed contract that woulda basically paid him the same as his one entering 2008 (29 mil for 4 years rather than 35 for 5 - likely taking into account he wouldn't play in 2009) and this guy has the stones to force the Giants into cutting him. Strolling in to watch Michigan State in the final four saying you felt "great"? . What I would give to have you be the pinata at my little cousin's next birthday.... How bout you reach into your fucking checkbook and cut me a check for the 200 plus dollar ONLY authentic Giants jersey I ever bought that is now worthless. I hate to say it but I hope things get even worse for you because you clearly haven't learned your lesson. Thanks for costing us a repeat championship you piece of shit.

I hate to break it to you, but the jersey was worthless before this bum got arrested. And, unless he had his gun to your head when you bought it, you have nobody to blame but yourself... :doh:

Jerry Rice indeed.

And who said he was going to jail from the beginning? Who? Thats, right. Badegg.

:bye: Bye, bye Burress...

I was very disappointed when Plax shot himself and ruined the Giants chances to repeat this year.

The more I hear about his issues, the more that disappointment turns to relief that he was able to keep his crap together enough to get us the one championship.

So thanks for that Plax....have a nice life. :mellow:

I hate to break it to you, but the jersey was worthless before this bum got arrested. And, unless he had his gun to your head when you bought it, you have nobody to blame but yourself... :doh:

Jerry Rice indeed.

And who said he was going to jail from the beginning? Who? Thats, right. Badegg.

Guess what Badegg he might be coming your way now LOL!!!

Jerry Jones might convince himself Plaxico is a better citizen than T.O.

I'll say this Plaxico keeps his problems off the field for the most part. T.O. was notorious for geting into it with his QBs constantly

Jerry Rice indeed.

ha look who's back... gearing up for a 14th season without a playoff win? I'm sure you have come to terms with it by now.... I mean you must have....

ha look who's back... gearing up for a 14th season without a playoff win? I'm sure you have come to terms with it by now.... I mean you must have....

They can go 0-16 this season, I still will not be out $200 + bucks on an "authentic" jersey. Did you know you can get your own name on the back of these jerseys? Next time, buy # 17 with the name "Dumbass" printed on the back. The jersey will hold it's value better. :dance4:

They can go 0-16 this season, I still will not be out $200 + bucks on an "authentic" jersey. Did you know you can get your own name on the back of these jerseys? Next time, buy # 17 with the name "Dumbass" printed on the back. The jersey will hold it's value better. :dance4:

i would buy one of those. :lol:

Update. Pretty f'n pathetic.

LINK

Burress: 'I know the sheriff personally'

Plaxico Burress, released Friday by the Giants amid an ongoing gun-possession case in New York, cursed out a police officer in Florida during a recent traffic stop, telling the cop he was going to be in trouble because Burress knew the sheriff "personally," the New York Post has reported.

Burress, who faces a possible 3½-year prison sentence on the gun charge, replied to each of the officer's questions and commands with an "[expletive] you" during the stop, the newspaper reported, citing police.

Broward County Deputy Sheriff Donald Harris pulled Burress over around 10:30 a.m. on March 18 for speeding on Interstate 95 near Fort Lauderdale, the Post reported. Harris opened the door of Burress' black 2008 Toyota Sequoia when the officer couldn't see inside the player's SUV.

"[Expletive] you," Burress said, according to the Post. "You can't open my [expletive] door."

Burress, who the police report said was driving like "he was going to kill somebody," was issued a $150 speeding citation, his fifth traffic ticket in Florida in the past month, the report said.

According to the police, a "violent and aggressive" Burress, 31, was asked to get out of his car to be checked for weapons.

"You're going to hear about this by the end of your shift," said Burress, who has a house in South Florida, as he returned to his car, according to the newspaper report.

Burress also received tickets for going 60 mph in a 45 mph zone, improper tags, improper lane change and improper window tinting on March 1, the Post reported.

His gun-possession case was adjourned last Tuesday until June 15.

Dumbass should be reserved for Jerry's office door. After all, he gave up a 1st, 3rd, 6th, and 7th for a guy who netted 198 yards and ONE td in 10 games. :LMAO:

But to be fair, give Roy credit for his Detroit play. 232yds and ONE td in 5 games. :LMAO: