Are you guys confident in Tynes?

Plax 4 Prez

Are you guys confident in Tynes?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Keep Tynes, Use A Draft Pick On A Kicker or Check Free Agency

• Keep Tynes
    • Use A Draft Pick On A Kicker
    • Free Agency If Available

I'm down for useing a late pick for a kicker. I don't like Tynes. He was incosistent last year, he even missed some extra points, and almost even blew the game versus the Packers last year in the NFC Championship game?

Discuss

I've always found it kind of silly to draft kickers......I think Tynes can do it....but after reading Accorsi book about being The GM, I have to wonder what their real plans are for Tynes...in his book, Accorsi talks about Feely and the fact that eventually he was gonna be asked to win another game and if he couldn't do it in Seattle, how could they rely on him any other time? I feel like they must feel the same way about Tynes...

I've always found it kind of silly to draft kickers......I think Tynes can do it....but after reading Accorsi book about being The GM, I have to wonder what their real plans are for Tynes...in his book, Accorsi talks about Feely and the fact that eventually he was gonna be asked to win another game and if he couldn't do it in Seattle, how could they rely on him any other time? I feel like they must feel the same way about Tynes...

Tynes = Feely :unsure:

I want a better kicker. I don't care how we do it, but it needs to be done

Tynes = Feely :unsure:

I want a better kicker. I don't care how we do it, but it needs to be done

Neither one can make the big kicks....Accorsi basically said in that book if Feely had beaten Seattle, he'd still be the Giants placekicker, which I believe is also why we said our goodbyes to Carney even though he basically outkicks Tynes in every facet except kickoffs...

Neither one can make the big kicks....Accorsi basically said in that book if Feely had beaten Seattle, he'd still be the Giants placekicker, which I believe is also why we said our goodbyes to Carney even though he basically outkicks Tynes in every facet except kickoffs...

There needs to be a change.

I agree.

I know it's hard to kick in our stadium, but I know we could find a clutch kicker. Tynes played in like 2 games last year, and didn't he miss the extra point? Lol. I Robbie Gould plays great in windy ass chicago stadium. Kickers are a lot more important then people give them credit for. Think of it this way. Every missed field goal, not only does the opposing team get good field position, but momentum and if it's by 8 or less keeps the opposition in the game. I know that everyone already knows what it means to miss a field goal, but almost everyone i talk to is like, "nah, you don't draft kickers. Kickers aren't worth it." Well I think that's b/s. I'm tired of heart-wrentching games like that Seattle game with Feely, or every missed FG by Tynes versus the Pack, or Tynes misses versus Philly in the playoffs. I'm tired of it

Robbins for Janikowski?

I would give the Raiders Sinorice Moss too if Al were to give us the #7 pick who knows maybe even throw in Gilbride, you can trade coordinators too right? oh OK for christ sakes i guess we would have to give up the rights to William Joseph oh yeah thats right Al's already went down that road. I guess we have to get rid of Domenik "stonehands" Hixon to sweeten the pot.

a draft pick? Good god. I think you are supposed to take teh Parcels aproach. If the guy is hot stick with him. When he misses one or two dump his ass and bring in somebody else. These guys are all streaky.

More confident in him than anyone we could get in the draft and to trade for a kicker is wrong in so many ways. I always thought we should have kept Feeley and even when we brought in Tynes, I thought Huston was the better kicker. I trust the coaching staff more than what I see on the field and they trust Tynes.