SportsWrath

Tribute to the Wills

flyinryan

With Allen gone and Peterson not expected to play again, the Wills time is over unfortunately. Both were very good CB's at their best, even though on plenty of occassions they weren't utilized correctly. I will post a bunch of pics of them in action. I will keep posting them either in new posts or I will edit previous ones.

Will Allen 2001-2002

111901interception8vm.jpg111901passinterference2lq.jpgallen25yq.jpgallen45zp.jpgtc2001_allen.jpgallen32jt.jpg37468_willallen.JPGallen11ad.jpgimg5837798.jpggiantseagles.jpgallen54ib.jpg200282aug2.jpg01_1010_25.jpg

Rather than photos Ryan, you should do a written tribute to Will Allen, referencing each and every big play.

Now there's a short thread.

It wouldn't be, no matter how much people bash him and/or hate him he was a pretty good player, but unfortunately he wasn't utilized correctly on plenty of ooccassions. I am not saying that everything bad that happened to Allen wasn't his fault, just saying that if he was utilized correctly, like the rest of the defense, the numbers would've been way better. Madison should be fine but if Lewis goes to his inconsistent zone + cushion, rely only on your front four, give the qb all day to throw scheme, it wouldn't matter much who is back there as ANYONE would look worse than how they really are.

Why is there a tribute for two cornerbacks who never fulfilled their potential..........??

Because they were pretty good and they flashed some greatness, and if they were utilized better fan perception of their talent level would be different. More people would think highly of them. I loved the Wills as players so I decided to make a topic for them. You like to bash William Joseph so you say things like he should be selling hot dogs or he was being pushed around like a baby seal for example.

Just like I did in this thread.

Face it, you are a troll. No one likes you. You know nothing about anything. You didn't get into community college. Even Burger King says you don't qualify for a job. So, just leave these boards, and never come back.

I dont mean to be sounding like an asshole but you are acting as if these guys have died. Is a post like this really necessary? We let the one walk and the other just got hurt, its a part of the game. I mean I like these guys too but.... geez I dont think they deserve all this.

Guest Nutty Sack

This just in........footballs thrown to DB's that should obviously be intercepted and are dropped are going to be called "The Wills" in tribute to the two former Giant defensive backs.

Edited by Nutty Sack

I dont mean to be sounding like an asshole but you are acting as if these guys have died. Is a post like this really necessary? We let the one walk and the other just got hurt, its a part of the game. I mean I like these guys too but.... geez I dont think they deserve all this.

You aren't sounding like an asshole. Yeah I guess you can say I am acting as if these guys have died, or quite possibly I'm acting like a huge fan of two players that were playing the position that I love so much on my favorite team for 5 years and now they won't be here anymore (I will be able to see Allen play several times a year unlike Peterson though). Since it seems like this topic has been getting some chaos I guess I should forget it and just let it die.