SportsWrath

Derek Ward

Bigblue25

Ok my company had a huge layoff, and now i'm stuck every morning watching ESPN2 and the likes of Jay Crawford and Sage Steele and Skip Bayless god help me. So this morning i'm watching this, and they are interviewing Derek Ward, one of the questions of course "what will it take to keep Earth,Wind and Fire together" Wards response without even blinking "alot of money" also said "new york was a great place for him to start and jumpstart his career" so long Wind and Earth thanks for your 1,000 yard seasons

I love Ward but there is no way he replicates what he did this past season without the Gmen line infront of him. He will take the money and not get it done for another team that will treat him like a #1 back when he is nothing more than like 75% of backs in the NFL that need a good Oline and a complimentary back that sets him up.

Greed is a hell of a thing.

Yea this is true... I sometimes wonder if I was a big time pro player and I had the opportunity of playing for a contender for the rest of my career like Jacobs for 30 million or a joke of a team for 5 to 10 million more what I would do. At the end of the day your getting ridiculous money either way. I don't know if I would be greedy once I knew I would be set for life no matter which path I chose.

I would rather play for a contender and have a couple of Championship Rings....ask Tiki how it feels to have the dough without the hardware.

Yea I agree. With the money he is about to make, its like splitting hairs. 30 million, 50 million... honestly who cares... The money's just going to keep growing for you. These guys act like their some pizza delivery boy "I gotta feed my family". Oh yea? Is that the reason you turned down 30 million dollars to play for a super bowl caliber team to take the 50 million to watch your career die in Oakland? Good luck seeing yourself on the all time NFL highlight reel. Just ask Randy Moss - That guy wasted years off his career in that dump. Sometimes I wonder with these guys...

I would rather play for a contender and have a couple of Championship Rings....ask Tiki how it feels to have the dough without the hardware.

I dont understand this though...Tiki was with the Giants throughout his career and never had any major contract disputes.

Jacobs has been hearing in the news "How without BJ running well the Giants will loose" ect and I guarantee you his eyes are big and green from hearing it.

Then again you never know, maybe the big rumbling bumbling Jacobs has a big heart as well and isnt in it for the money ........... :LMAO: "not in it for the money" I crack myself up sometimes.

I dont understand this though...Tiki was with the Giants throughout his career and never had any major contract disputes.

Jacobs has been hearing in the news "How without BJ running well the Giants will loose" ect and I guarantee you his eyes are big and green from hearing it.

Then again you never know, maybe the big rumbling bumbling Jacobs has a big heart as well and isnt in it for the money ........... :LMAO: "not in it for the money" I crack myself up sometimes.

Another reason why Reese is playing the game the way he is. What these boys gotta realize that a Championship team is a very delicate thing. Now they may think an extra 5 million may mean more than a Super Bowl....but when they are broken down and out of football living a life of relative obscurity because they took the extra money to play for the scrubs of the world...then that is when they will regret it. You never saw the likes of LT even during the worst time talk about taking the money and running for it.

Another reason why Reese is playing the game the way he is. What these boys gotta realize that a Championship team is a very delicate thing. Now they may think an extra 5 million may mean more than a Super Bowl....but when they are broken down and out of football living a life of relative obscurity because they took the extra money to play for the scrubs of the world...then that is when they will regret it. You never saw the likes of LT even during the worst time talk about taking the money and running for it.

Here's the thing though, Jacobs already has a SB ring under his belt and for many many players who are broken down none of them can say that.

So does Jacobs say "Who cares about the Giants I got my SB ring and now I have a chance to make tons of money in FA?" oddly enough this is what happens to alot of SB winning teams.

Like I said I hope Jacobs is humble and realizes he cant play a full 16 game year without a really good O-line and a RB to spell him from time to time.

Understandable, but I don't think the game is working. Jacobs knows Ward can't do it alone as a starter. It would be shame to go from having a 1,000 yard rusher for like 7 years in a row to having no running game because we lost 2 big running backs. Reese better have a hell of a plan. I just don't see how Plax, Amani, Ward and Jacobs could be gone potentially. Your getting rid of half our offense!