SportsWrath

Draft a kicker?

GorillaNJ

Graham Gano

I watched his bowl game and he 3 punts in a row put the ball withing the 3 yard line. He also boomed kick-offs and was the most accurate field goal kicker in the nation.

They are talking about him being a first day selection, is a KICKER worth a late first round pick? Both of our kickers could realisticly have children older the Gano......

Graham Gano

I watched his bowl game and he 3 punts in a row put the ball withing the 3 yard line. He also boomed kick-offs and was the most accurate field goal kicker in the nation.

They are talking about him being a first day selection, is a KICKER worth a late first round pick? Both of our kickers could realisticly have children older the Gano......

1st round? Goodness.

I am old and slow but with out doing any research I think the last time we did this was Brad Maynard in the 3rd. Turned out horrible.

Graham Gano

Allstar and I were talking about this the other day. Gano is a stud, and so Sakoda, the kicker from Utah.

Gano or Sakoda could go anywhere from round 3 to 6....I'd imagine one of them would still be around by round 4-5.

Bottom line is we could likely land a fantastic kicker/punter by round 5. IMHO, it's well worth a 5th rounder to find a long term kicker. We haven't had a guy I could trust since Matt Bahr.

1st round? Goodness.

I am old and slow but with out doing any research I think the last time we did this was Brad Maynard in the 3rd. Turned out horrible.

Maynard is still doing a great job for Chicago....we lost him as a free agent.