SportsWrath

The jury has reached a verdict on Tony Romo.

JMFP

I heard the jury said he sucks
I hope he stays with the cow turds so that the Giants and other teams can kick their ass next year too. That way, bad egg can suffer more agony and, maybe, leave this board for good. I wonder if he is considering suicide after yesterday's performance by the cow turds?

I heard the jury said he sucks

Judging from yesterday's game, he sucks. But looking at his career (to date), he's average.

Maybe he'd be better if his team was better, but he's certainly not good enough to elevate the players around him.

If the Cowboys still had Parcells, then maybe he'd be better. Instead, Romo has the Skipper from Gilligan's Island running the team.

To use a Star Wars analogy, imagine if Luke Skywalker had the Skipper as his mentor, instead of Ben Kenobi. Romo Skywalker would be, at best, just an average Jedi too. And the Emperor would still be floating around in his fully operational battle station.

I'm sure all the Cowboy fans (if they still identify themselves after Sunday's disgrace) will be blaming Wade instead of Romo, because that's alot easier than facing the scary thought that your QB is just average.

But really, a great QB steps up when his team needs him the most. You can throw all the stats out the window as far as I'm concerned. Romo needed to play big or go home.

I don't agree. He think that he can play at a high level in the NFL - he just happens to be with a team that doesn't know how to play nice with each other and an owner that seems more interested in media attention than winning. Think of how many great QBs have had aweful seasons - Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Phil Simms just to name a few.

I don't agree. He think that he can play at a high level in the NFL - he just happens to be with a team that doesn't know how to play nice with each other and an owner that seems more interested in media attention than winning. Think of how many great QBs have had aweful seasons - Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Phil Simms just to name a few.

Those 3 QB's were able to step up in big games and lead the team to victory. So far Romo, gets close and shits his pants, even with a team full of pro-bowl players.

If you read this article, you can see that Romo feels he's often not put in a position to excel. I tend to agree with him. There's so much satiating of egos and putting out fires that goes on their, they don't have their focus on the game plan. the QB, he's the easy target.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/36816979.html

I concur. The problem yesterday was that most of the Dallas players were just going through the motions. Owens maybe a great competitor but he isn't as good as his ego thinks and getting Williams was just idiotic. Whoever on Detroit got that deal should be the new GM. Also the OLine is nothing like they were a few years ago. They constantly get false starts and are mediocre at protection.