SportsWrath

Putz trade a done deal

jranieli

Not sure if Wagner comes back this coming season. Already this makes the pen really good.

Brian Stokes

Sean Green

Schoenweis

Feliciano

Duaner Sanchez

Bobby Parnell

Eddie Kunz - probably wont be in the majors opening day

Putz

K-Rod

Mariano

Nathan

Papplebaum

Soria

when healthy BJ Ryan

Lidge

Putz

I totally disagreet that K-Rod is that far down. I give you Mariano and Nathan. It's funny you mention Papelbon, because K-Rod's numbers were near identical to Papelbon's last year. In fact, In more innings, I believe K-Rod gave up slightly fewer runs. K-Rod is definitely better than BJ Ryan, who's already had his best years. Lidge had a great year, but let's not crown his ass. I would take K-Rod over Lidge. Yes I said it, and no I'm not being a homer. K-Rod has been consistently dominant for several years, Lidge is a one year wonder who has a history of mental breakdowns. Hats off to him for 2008, but what happens if he faces adversity again? I will give you Putz of 2007, but he has to return to form, last year was not his best.

Basically, I don't think we can go wrong with either one of them closing and either one setting up. The point is that the 8th and 9th will both be on lockdown.

KRd better than many of those closers listed and IMO why he is is that he has proven it in a big spot. Like I told you all 3 years ago about Billy Wagner, you can take all his pretty regular season stats and put them aside, his record in big games and playoffs was brutal and played out EXACTLY that way here. In comparison Krod has proven on big stages to get the big outs and I expect him to do as much here.

As for Putz, he is very good, a fantastic trade, he is the set up man though, he is not as good as Krod and in reality I would expect many a good 8th and 9th innings with a lead with these two.

I think Schoenweiss still has to go frm the back end I like Krod, Putz, Sanchez, Feliciano, Stokes, and whatever they can collect. This places a fully 1 year recovered Duaner Sanchez as the 7th inning man.

If I never see or hear Billy Wagner again in a Met uniform it will not be too soon.

KRd better than many of those closers listed and IMO why he is is that he has proven it in a big spot. Like I told you all 3 years ago about Billy Wagner, you can take all his pretty regular season stats and put them aside, his record in big games and playoffs was brutal and played out EXACTLY that way here. In comparison Krod has proven on big stages to get the big outs and I expect him to do as much here.

As for Putz, he is very good, a fantastic trade, he is the set up man though, he is not as good as Krod and in reality I would expect many a good 8th and 9th innings with a lead with these two.

I think Schoenweiss still has to go frm the back end I like Krod, Putz, Sanchez, Feliciano, Stokes, and whatever they can collect. This places a fully 1 year recovered Duaner Sanchez as the 7th inning man.

If I never see or hear Billy Wagner again in a Met uniform it will not be too soon.

XXI, I like how you brought up Duaner and suggested that another year removed from his accident may help him. I agree. Can you imagine if he returns to 2006 form? Holy smokes, nobody, I mean NOBODY, would have a better bullpen (assuming they all stay healthy).

Also, don't forget about Sean Green! He is a ground ball inducing machine and rarely gives up homers. He is a valuable piece we collected.

the mets bullpen should be very good next season. If I were a Mets fans, Id be on the Manny bandwagon. If they could get him, the mets will be very tough to beat next year. They might have to add a SP too.

I like him for a year but the Mets have zero interest.