SportsWrath

Lawrence Tynes and his brother

US Patriot

The front page of this paper has a photo of Lawrence Tynes and a headline that says:" Giant hero's desperate plea" -"Pardon my brother"

He is seeking a White House order freeing his jailed convicted brother Mark, a convicted drug trafficker doing 27 years. He acknowledges his older brother's guilt but believes the sentence is overly harsh. This was his second felony drug charge. This conviction was in 2004 as the kingpin of a syndicate that transported 3,600 pounds of marijuana between Texas and Florida.

I am surprised that I am the first board member to bring this to the attention of everyone. Opinions of other members would be appreciated.

I know thats alot of weed...but 27 years? That's a little excessive to me, shit some people

who KILL people don't even get jail sentences that long.

I agree with you. I wonder if this matter has any influence on the game performances of Lawrence Tynes.

He was a dealer, and a big one at that, not a user. I still think 27 years is a bit harsh but most of us don't know the full story. His gang, which apparently he was the leader, could have carried out hits on rival gangs.

the dog would agree...apparently this was his third drug felony charge, and they say he was responsible for moving over a ton of marijuana in a three year period between texas and florida...he was also accused of intimidating witnesses...maybe it's a bit harsh, but the fact that he has a history of arrests demonstrates he wasn't responding to the prior punishments...and pot or not, it is still drug dealing and getting drugs in the hands of individuals who then go out high and drive the highways...

He was a dealer, and a big one at that, not a user. I still think 27 years is a bit harsh but most of us don't know the full story. His gang, which apparently he was the leader, could have carried out hits on rival gangs.
This article also states that "Four co-conspirators. who turned against Mark Tynes and cooperated with authorities, are out of jail. Tynes refused to cooperate with authorities and his sentence was extended from 151 months to 324 months over allegations of witness intimidation."