What is going to happen to Tyree?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Check one.

• Activate
    • Release
    • IR

Vote for Tuck or Will Allen if you want. :P

Also vote for Jacobs.

For Tyree I think he will be IRed so that he can compete next season for a spot. Tyree though wants to play so maybe they will give him his wish and release him so he can go and find a job. I think activating him is a long shot since the Giants don't need him, even on SP.

Decision on Tyree's future with Giants to come soon

Associated Press

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants have until Wednesday to make a decision on the future of receiver David Tyree.

Tyree, who made "The Catch" in the Super Bowl victory over the Patriots in February, was placed on the physically unable to perform list before the start of training camp because he was still recovering from offseason knee surgery.

Tyree was given clearance to practice with the team on Oct. 15, but has been limited by a hamstring injury.

"Well, we will see," coach Tom Coughlin said Monday. "Obviously, you are talking about a guy that has played extremely well for our team. But it is again going to come down to the decision this week on where we are physically."

The Giants can either move Tyree to the active roster, cut him or place him on injured reserve, which would end his season.

Tyree said the hamstring feels good.

"I don't have any idea," Tyree said of the decision. "I do feel good and I think they know that at this point. I wish it would have happened a week earlier so I could have gotten some good practices out of it."

Tyree believes he can help on special teams. It might be hard for him to fit into the receiver corps, which includes Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Steve Smith, Domenik Hixon, Mario Manningham and Sinorice Moss.

Tyree wants to play and is torn about the possibility of being put on injured reserve. He also knows his best chance to play might result from being released.

"I don't want to be released," Tyree said. "I don't not want to be a Giant. Obviously, for what my career has been up to this point, this is definitely where I prefer to be, but I also prefer to play football."

Tyree earned a spot in Super Bowl history with an incredible catch on the Giants' late, game-winning drive. He made a leaping grab in traffic, securing the ball against his helmet as he fell to the playing surface. The catch set up Eli Manning's touchdown pass to Burress in the final minute.

will he be a free agent after this season? If he were released, could the team that signs him sign him to a multi year deal, or will it only be for the remainder of this season? Maybe the Giants could let him go and just sign him in the offseason....although we dont need him this year, he is a monster on special teams and he could be very useful going foward.

will he be a free agent after this season? If he were released, could the team that signs him sign him to a multi year deal, or will it only be for the remainder of this season? Maybe the Giants could let him go and just sign him in the offseason....although we dont need him this year, he is a monster on special teams and he could be very useful going foward.

In 2006 he signed a 5 year contract. I know Tyree wants to play but I think his best bet is to get IRed and fully healed to compete next year. The chances of any team picking him mid season isn't good and the STs aren't so broken that he is needed back.

Well if you voted IR your a wiener. :clap:

Window closes on Giants' Tyree, who goes on injured reserve.

Window closes on Giants' Tyree, who goes on injured reserve

Associated Press

EAST RUTHERFPORD, N.J. -- New York Giants Super Bowl hero David Tyree will miss the rest of the season.

Tyree, who made "The Catch" in New York's Super Bowl victory against the Patriots in February, was placed on injured reserve by the Giants on Wednesday.

He had spent the entire training camp on the physically unable to perform list, and seemingly never had a chance to made the active roster after pulling a hamstring once he started practicing on Oct. 15.

"The medical people say he was not ready," coach Tom Coughlin said in making the announcement.

The Giants had until 4 p.m. ET to make a decision on Tyree.

The 28-year-old Tyree earned a spot in Super Bowl history with a leaping grab in traffic on the team's final drive in the fourth quarter, securing the ball against his helmet as he fell to the playing surface. The 32-yard play set up Eli Manning's touchdown pass to Plaxico Burress in the final minute.

Tyree, who is in his sixth season, was not immediately available for comment.

"He actually took it very well," said Coughlin, who told Tyree of the decision earlier in the morning.

The Giants had the option of adding Tyree to their active roster, placing him on injured reserve or releasing him, but they still would have owed him his salary for the year.

Tyree said Monday that he believed he could help on special teams, a spot where he earned Pro Bowl honors in 2005.

However, he faced a tough time making a contribution at receiver with Burress, Amani Toomer, Steve Smith, Domenik Hixon, Mario Manningham and Sinorice Moss all playing well now.

Tyree said he thought about playing for another team but he liked being with the Giants.

"Obviously, for what my career has been up to this point, this is definitely where I prefer to be, but I also prefer to play football," he said Monday.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press