SportsWrath

The Knicks

Ditto

We're basically going into this season with the same team minus Balkman, who, if anything provided defense and some strength in the paint. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're looking at another dismal season, since we still don't have a legitimate center.

We're basically going into this season with the same team minus Balkman, who, if anything provided defense and some strength in the paint. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're looking at another dismal season, since we still don't have a legitimate center.

I'm cautiously optimistic. He has a rule of "pass, pass, pass, and shoot within 7 seconds"....very uptempo...very little dribbling. Should account for a lot of high scoring. Defense? Well...that's another story.

He said last night to "just have fun with it....because this is NOT the finished product".

There's some bright spots: Chandler, Randolph, Lee, Duhon, Robinson, and Crawford looked great last night. They were unselfish, took care of the ball, and played like a team.

Anyway....I think there's hope. I'm afraid to get to high on them yet though. I would love to see a competitive team back in the Garden for a change. for the past 4 years or so I haven't even bothered to watch them.

There's some bright spots: Chandler, Randolph, Lee, Duhon, Robinson, and Crawford looked great last night. They were unselfish, took care of the ball, and played like a team.

It seemed everybody was hitting, yes? I'm worried about our defense, though, for nights when those baskets aren't easy to come by. Also, D'antoni has to learn who can play D and who can't so they don't squander a big lead.

It seemed everybody was hitting, yes? I'm worried about our defense, though, for nights when those baskets aren't easy to come by. Also, D'antoni has to learn who can play D and who can't so they don't squander a big lead.

The Knicks certainly lack that killer instinct. They're like a boxer who knocks a guy down repeatedly and after hitting him so hard he takes a "9 count", he lets the guy back up and then almost loses the fight.

They absolutley need to figure out how to close out a game when they have the other team on the ropes. Miami was down by more than 20 points with just a few minutes left in the game and got within 5 with enough time for two more possessions. The Knicks could've lost that game and there was no reason it became so close in the last 2 minutes.

Did you watch last night's game? Did you? Did you?

I give up.

You mean the Sixers' game? Oh.

I got home in time to watch the last quarter and wasn't impressed with how things were going.

I plan on watching todays game with Milwaukee, but might miss the early parts of the game as the Giants are on a 4:00 today and there will probably be an overlap. I will not watch the Knicks over the Giants.....but during commercials, I will check it out to see how their game is going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well....they just traded a third of their offense away by getting rid of Crawford and Zach Randolph. I thought Randolph was a gritty player who had a nose for the ball and the basket. I understand the reasoning....to dump salary to be a player in the James sweepstakes in a couple of years, but that's two top players they dumped.

Well....they just traded a third of their offense away by getting rid of Crawford and Zach Randolph. I thought Randolph was a gritty player who had a nose for the ball and the basket. I understand the reasoning....to dump salary to be a player in the James sweepstakes in a couple of years, but that's two top players they dumped.

I would hardly classify Randolph as "gritty". He was a malcontent in Portland and they could not wait to giftwrap him to isiah. As for Crawford he is a nice player, probably never worth the money that isiah gave him, but a good player at best. The Knicks traded away 2 of their better players off a team that if they win 40 games is a great season. This should have been done years ago, purging the contracts. Kudos to Walsh for having the balls to do so.

Dolan is not as dumb as we think. He knows this is bad ecomomy, he knows its hard to raise ticket prices, he knows that no matter how well this ill concieved roster plays, you are not going to get people to pay extra in this economy to see this product. What better time to blow it all up then when no one has the money to come see your shitty product anyway? The Knicks lost 59 games with these 2 players last year, they can lose 59 without them.

I would hardly classify Randolph as "gritty". He was a malcontent in Portland and they could not wait to giftwrap him to isiah. As for Crawford he is a nice player, probably never worth the money that isiah gave him, but a good player at best. The Knicks traded away 2 of their better players off a team that if they win 40 games is a great season. This should have been done years ago, purging the contracts. Kudos to Walsh for having the balls to do so.

Dolan is not as dumb as we think. He knows this is bad ecomomy, he knows its hard to raise ticket prices, he knows that no matter how well this ill concieved roster plays, you are not going to get people to pay extra in this economy to see this product. What better time to blow it all up then when no one has the money to come see your shitty product anyway? The Knicks lost 59 games with these 2 players last year, they can lose 59 without them.

Another reason why I am getting tons of free tickets for my clients. Once they get a better product in a better economy I can forget the free tics. LOL

Why didn't they do something like this a year ago instead of waiting until we finally have a chance for a winning season? I was just beginning to like Zack, too. I don't know if it was D'antoni or what, but the guy was playing harder for the whole time he was out there, not like last year. His D even improved, and he wasn't hogging all the shots as usual. As far as Crawford went, he was my fav, but he did miss more than his share of clutch shots lately.

I understand we are sacrificing for the future, but if we're shedding salary, why do we still have Marbury and Curry?

Why didn't they do something like this a year ago instead of waiting until we finally have a chance for a winning season? I was just beginning to like Zack, too. I don't know if it was D'antoni or what, but the guy was playing harder for the whole time he was out there, not like last year. His D even improved, and he wasn't hogging all the shots as usual. As far as Crawford went, he was my fav, but he did miss more than his share of clutch shots lately.

I understand we are sacrificing for the future, but if we're shedding salary, why do we still have Marbury and Curry?

I think they are still shopping Marbury. Cuban is rumored to actually want that sack of shit. To each his own I guess. ;)

Marbury is not getting traded anywhere unless its for another expiring contract. He is more value to the Knicks not playing a second then he ever would be traded for any players due any money beyond 2008. If we can somehow find a taker for him and package that bag of shit Curry, then in 2010(or as we shall call it the year of LeBron and Bosh) we will ONLY have Jared Jeffries under contract of what we currently have. Amazingly the Knicks are in line to be one of the biggest players in what will be a monumental free agent period in the summer of 2010. IMO the current Knicks are ALL auditioning for bit roles in what most likely will be a team led by 2 superstars in 2010. Looking beyond I see Chandler here as well as probably Duhon(how nice would it have been to been able to draft ROSE this year?) and hopefully Curry and maybe Robinson. I for one like Jeffries at 6 10 and his athleticism in this system so IMO if he is here at 6 mil/ in 2010 along with some of the current young guys and 2 big stars I am ok with it.

Sad that this is what its come to but it has, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.