SportsWrath

Giants Looking at Fiedler as "backup".

Guest Lockhart

Guest Lockhart

FINALLY - the Giants are adressing their QB weakness. Fiedler is the vet they have been missing and Jay should be ready to take over the Reins in early October after the Eli experiment has ended. The Giants with an experienced QB could be more than dangerous.

Giants eye Fiedler as backup

Friday, March 24, 2006

BY MIKE GARAFOLO

Star-Ledger Staff

Last year, the Giants wanted a veteran backup for quarterback Eli Manning, so they signed Jim Miller in March. But when Miller tore a hip labrum and was then released via an injury settlement, the Giants apparently were okay with Tim Hasselbeck serving as the backup.

Now, they appear to be back on the hunt for a veteran. And among their top targets is a player they were looking to sign before they settled on Miller -- Jay Fiedler. Brian Levy, the agent for the former Dolphins and Jets quarterback, said the Giants have recently contacted him regarding his client. "We have touched base," Levy said in an e-mail message yesterday, "but nothing is imminent with Jay."

The delay could be due to Fiedler's recovery from the December shoulder surgery that ended his season and his tenure with the Jets. The 34-year-old Long Island native was one of a slew of veterans released by the team last month.

"He is doing well and should be ready weeks before training camp begins," Levy said.

Such a timetable wasn't good enough for the Giants last year, as they didn't want to hold a roster spot for Miller while he recovered from surgery. Instead, they claimed Hasselbeck off waivers in May and parted with Miller.

Hasselbeck, who did not attempt a regular-season pass last year, had two shaky games to close the preseason while Manning nursed a sprained elbow. The Giants now view Hasselbeck, who has a strong relationship with Manning, as a solid No. 3 quarterback.

Other free agents currently available include Tony Banks, Jeff Blake and former Giant Tommy Maddox. Jamie Martin, who had two separate one-year stints with the Jaguars during Tom Coughlin's reign in Jacksonville, also is unsigned, but his agent, Tom Mills, said yesterday the Giants have not yet called.

Edited by Lockhart

FINALLY - the Giants are adressing their QB weakness. Fiedler is the vet they have been missing and Jay should be ready to take over the Reins in early October after the Eli esperiment has ended. The Giants with an experienced QB could be more than dangerous.

Whats an "esperiment" :confused:

Guest Lockhart
Whats an "esperiment" :confused:

Its a failed experiment like the Eli disaster. 52% completion rate is Joey Harrington and we know where Joey is now.

Guest Lockhart
lockhart being born at all was a failed experiment in birth control. :P

timing is perfect for Fiedler to get healthy , learn the offense , and take over in the 5th game saving the season for the Giants. Finally, the Giants have a QB that is tough and doesn't have his long passes die at 35 yards. Plaxico and Shockey must be ecstatic - I wonder if they might not come to NJ now if Fiedler is signed.

Guest Floyd The Barber
timing is perfect for Fiedler to get healthy , learn the offense , and take over in the 5th game saving the season for the Giants. Finally, the Giants have a QB that is tough and doesn't have his long passes die at 35 yards. Plaxico and Shockey must be ecstatic - I wonder if they might not come to NJ now if Fiedler is signed.

wouldnt that be enlightening and eye opening...the moment Fielder is inked, both of the malcontents board there jet and head north...an instant slap in the face of Gilligan

Guest Lockhart
wouldnt that be enlightening and eye opening...the moment Fielder is inked, both of the malcontents board there jet and head north...an instant slap in the face of Gilligan

Anyone watching the Giants the last month of 2005 saw that Plaxico and Shockey were disgusted with the state of the Eli's passing. While their refusal to show up in NJ is childish and counter productive, it does clearly register their dismay of the Giant passing game. A HUGE sigh of relief will come over the Giants receivers and fans when Fiedler is signed by Accorsi. The team can also enter the 2006 season knowing their offense has a leader on board.

You and your lapdog lockhart live in nice little fantasy worlds. BTW, congratulate carbo, I mean lockhart, for me on being designated the FAG 4's Bitch of the Day. He earned it. :clap:

Guest Lockhart
You and your lapdog lockhart live in nice little fantasy worlds. BTW, congratulate carbo, I mean lockhart, for me on being designated the FAG 4's Bitch of the Day. He earned it. :clap:

Look at that - Lon Chaney would be proud of me!

Sadly the Fag 1 or 4 do actually really want Eli to fail ..... and with it all of next season.

It is difficult to assign any credibility to those who simply spit venom and hatred at Eli , Plax , Shockey , Joseph , Feely , EA ....... the list goes on.

I used to give them the benefit of the doubt that they were attempting to be constructively critical.

That view has long since diminished !

Guest Floyd The Barber

Lockhart, you truly do pull off this multi personality thing to a tee...this is awesome !!!

Guest Floyd The Barber

i feel that if we did acquire Jay, our QB position would be alot more sound...its inevitable that the job is Eli's, but at least we can all rest a little easier knowing that if he faulters, we have a guy that can come in that is more than capable in carrying the load...plus he adds another dimension and that is being fleet of foot and mobile...

Lockhart, you truly do pull off this multi personality thing to a tee...this is awesome !!!

Barney, if you keep stroking lockhart he will eventually fall asleep like a good little lap dog. He's still reveling in being named FAG 4 Bitch of the Day. The highlight of his otherwise pathetic life, outside of trolling the Mens Rooms at Giants Stadium. :clap:

Guest Lockhart

Yes, I even dress the part - When posting as Rely I am wearing a Power Ranger outfit with a stuffed Barney doll sitting by the keyboard.

Yes, I even dress the part - When posting as Rely I am wearing a Power Ranger outfit with a stuffed Barney doll sitting by the keyboard.

So you do wear pajamas all day. I thought so carbo, I mean lockhart. The problem is that they are all wet with your nocturnal emissions. Maybe Barney can explain that to you.

actually i am HRH Prince Charles

( please dont tell anyone that i had that bitch killed in Paris )

Her replacement isn't anything special to look at. Looks like he married his mother. Did you know that lockhart has a Princess Di Barbie? It's his favorite.

Guest Lockhart
actually i am HRH Prince Charles

( please dont tell anyone that i had that bitch killed in Paris )

No worries - hanging with a Arms dealer made her less than a sympathetic character - anyway we Americans never understood that stupid Royal thing anyway - we agree with the Sex Pistols. I was wondering guys if not doing the "South Park Kenny" thing with the "Rely" character on a daily basis - what do you think?

No worries - hanging with a Arms dealer made her less than a sympathetic character - anyway we Americans never understood that stupid Royal thing anyway - we agree with the Sex Pistols. I was wondering guys if not doing the "South Park Kenny" thing with the "Rely" character on a daily basis - what do you think?

Umm, you have a spot of giz on your chin. You really should look in a mirror every once in awhile. On second thought, never mind. :LMAO:

Guest Lockhart
Umm, you have a spot of giz on your chin. You really should look in a mirror every once in awhile. On second thought, never mind. :LMAO:

Can you feel the anger - the frustration with life itself I am emoting from this "Rely" character!